Day Treatment Coordinator
DAY TREATMENT COORDINATOR
FULL TIME CONTRACT
Reporting to one of the Day Treatment Program Managers, the Day Treatment Coordinator is responsible for the provision of a safe, predictable therapeutic day treatment program within a number of assigned program classrooms for children and youth with moderate to severe mental health issues.
This includes helping to provide organization and structure to those program classrooms, the training and development of staff, chairing and organizing multidisciplinary client and meetings as required, and assisting in recording and tracking outcomes for the clients in the program. The Day Treatment Coordinator is responsible for the supervision, support, coaching and training of program CYW’s as well as the development of an integrated clinical team that includes clinicians, consultants, and school board partners. The Coordinator is also responsible to ensure the design and implementation of treatment plans for the clients in their assigned program classrooms, including safety planning and regular review of treatment goals.
The Day Treatment program is an intensive, therapeutic program for children whose social, emotional and behavioural difficulties are such that their mental health needs have exceeded the capacity of a mainstream educational setting.
• Child and Youth Worker or Social Service diploma from a recognized Community College, or a Bachelor of Arts degree in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Significant experience (3 yrs +) post-graduation with children/youth in a mental health treatment setting
• Experience in supervision of staff, placement students, volunteers, or the like
• Formal Crisis Intervention Training (UMAB) preferred
• Valid Drivers’ License and use of a vehicle
• Ability to speak French or another language is desirable
The applicant will also demonstrate:
1. Excellent organizational and time management skills;
2. Strong communication abilities both written and verbal;
3. A commitment to creating and fostering a culturally sensitive and anti-discriminatory environment;
4. Clinical expertise regarding family functioning, child development and crisis intervention;
5. Ability to develop safety plans and link to appropriate resources for support;
6. Perform both independently and as a team member within the framework of the service;
7. Confident decision=maker able to co-operate and function effectively in a team environment;
• Responsible for the hiring, retention, supervision, training, and performance management of front-line staff (CYW’s);
• Ensures that all staff work in a safe manner in accordance with health and safety procedures and all relevant legislation;
• In conjunction with the Day Treatment Supervisor is responsible for coordinating, organization and prioritizing the use of consultants’ contracted time;
• Undertakes other planning activities as requested by the Day Treatment Supervisor and/or Manager of Milieu Services;
The employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of clients.
Please apply by February 15, 2019
Blue Hills is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive barrier-free recruitment and selection process and we respect, encourage, and celebrate the diversity of staff. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
Only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted