Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland is non-profit society committed to enhancing the confidence, self-esteem and well-being of girls. We match girls aged 7 to 17 in one-to-one mentoring friendships with trained female volunteers, supplemented by regular group activities, events and workshops.
We are looking for an energetic and positive person, with a strong commitment to our mission, who will be responsible for the day to day marketing and communications. As the Marketing & Communications Coordinator, you will be the voice of Big Sisters BCLM and a brand champion.
Leading the creation of fresh content—including graphic, photo, video and text—for our marketing and communications initiatives, you will touch all aspects of the organization from program delivery to special events. You will nurture and engage with our community, create fresh dialogue, deepen relationships and ultimately grow our reach.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director of Fundraising Partnerships, the Marketing & Communications Coordinator is responsible for:
- Assisting in development and implementing of an annual marketing and communications plan with the Fundraising team for BSBCLM including social media strategy.
- Coordinating the communication and promotion of the agency's services, funding needs, volunteer needs, events, and value to the community through various and diverse communications channels.
- Collecting, capturing and archiving impact stories to share for fundraising and volunteer recruitment.
- Designing and coordinating production of all agency collateral materials.
- Maintaining positive and up-to-date relationships with media contacts.
- Writing and distributing compelling press releases, PSAs, ad copy, and media invitations, and story pitches.
- Administrating, updating and maintaining the agency’s social media platforms and website.
- Producing graphic, photo and video content for all of the agency platforms.
- Tracking and reports all media statistics.
- Fulfilling all marketing, communication and promotion aspects of signature events.
- Supporting annual stewardship plan.
- Supporting volunteer recruitment.
- Supports the agency’s Ambassador and Alumni programs.
- Ensuring the use of the agency’s brand across all mediums and media is in compliance with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada (BBBSC) national brand guidelines.
An ideal candidate has the following:
- Diploma or degree in marketing, media studies, communications or public relations with at least 2 years of related work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Superior storytelling, writing and editing skills with high attention to detail.
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of all relevant social media and digital platforms, with proven track record managing these platforms. (including WordPress, Hootsuite, Google Adwords and Click Dimensions)
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, within budget, with minimal supervision.
- Displays sound decision making judgement.
- Smart, talented, able to think quickly and work under pressure.
- Great personal skills, organized, self-starter motivated.
- A team player who flourishes in a culture of collaboration.
- Ability to deal with information in a confidential manner and respond with sensitivity.
- Full of awesome ideas and eager to implement them!
- Experience working with industry professionals and stakeholders.
- Highly computer literate in Microsoft Office Suite and content management systems.
- Good graphic design skills – familiarity with InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, and Acrobat required.
- Web design experience (HTML, CSS, PHP) considered an asset.
- Motivated by Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland mission to increase the confidence and self-esteem of girls.
Start date is as soon as possible. Some evening and weekend work will be required.This is a permanent position that will be 5 days per week (37.5 hours). Big Sisters offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package upon hire.
Please confirm your interest by submitting your resume and cover letter to Molly Loudon at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use email subject line: Marketing and Communications Coordinator
If your background and qualifications match the position requirements, we will contact you. No phone calls, please.
TalentEgg will send your application to: email@example.com