Database & Donor Relations Administrator
Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland (www.bigsisters.bc.ca) is a non-profit society committed to enhancing the confidence, self-esteem, and well-being of children. We are proud to offer our employees a supportive and positive working environment, and our commitment to work/life balance. As an organization that is seen as a leader in mentoring, we look for employees who are committed to our mission and passionate about mentoring for vulnerable girls and youth.
We are seeking a positive and energetic person to administer Big Sisters’ donor database and to provide administrative support to our fundraising team. This is for a full-time (5 days/week) role. The ideal candidate will have experience with databases, the non-profit sector, and excellent administrative skills.
- Working in collaboration with the fundraising team to achieve fundraising goals.
- Managing the organization’s fundraising database (currently Raiser’s Edge) including data entry, and creating queries and reports.
- Processing all donations and issuing corresponding tax/business receipts in accordance with Revenue Canada guidelines.
- Managing all accounts receivable and making weekly bank deposits.
- Maintains up-to-date donor lists, fundraising files, and records.
- Producing reports, mailing lists, and statistics on donors and fundraising campaigns.
- Co-ordinates and tracks all stewardship activity of donors, sponsors, partners and funders.
- Managing and processing all event ticket sales, sponsorships, and donations.
- Assisting with Big Sisters fundraising events and managing on-site registration and payments.
- Assisting and co-ordinates appropriate impact reporting to donors, sponsors, and funders.
- Drafting fundraising correspondence both internal and external as requested.
- Assisting the fundraising team in research on corporations, foundations, employee groups, service clubs and other potential funding sources.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES:
- One to three years work experience in an administrative or fundraising support role including data management, preferably in a non-profit environment.
- Knowledge and skills acquired through completion of an educational program (ideally postsecondary) in fundraising, non-profit management, or administration.
- Excellent computer skills; advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Intermediate skills in Raiser’s Edge or similar database. Advanced database skills would be an asset.
- Excellent organization, time and general management skills required.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills – able to use tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive situations.
- Experience with fundraising events would be an asset.
This is a permanent, full-time position (5 days per week at 37.5 hours per week). Please confirm your interest by submitting your resume and cover letter to:
Molly Loudon, Director Fundraising Partnerships
Please use email Subject Line: Database & Donor Relations Administrator
Please note that applications will be reviewed as they are received so we encourage candidates to apply as soon as possible.
If your background and qualifications match the position requirements, we will contact you. No phone calls, please.