Big Sisters Caseworker Position
Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland (www.bigsisters.bc.ca) is a non-profit society committed to enhancing the confidence, self-esteem and well-being of girls. We are proud to offer our employees a supportive and positive working environment, and our commitment to work/life balance. As an organization that is seen as a leader in mentoring, we look for employees who are committed to our mission and passionate about mentoring for at-risk girls.
We are seeking a mature and positive person with strong case management skills as a Caseworker. This will be a 5 day/week position. In this role, you will make and monitor matches between volunteer mentors and girls (ages 7-17) to ensure that safe and healthy mentoring relationships take place. You will provide support to the girls, volunteers and families involved in the programs so each match can work towards helping the girl achieve her goals and boost her self-esteem.
- Maintain ongoing contact with the volunteer, child and parent to ensure a supportive and healthy relationship where the child’s safety is upheld;
- Provide support, counselling and referrals to other agencies/services as needed to the matches;
- Recruit volunteer mentors and perform one-to-one screening of potential volunteers;
- Conduct screening interviews with Little Sisters and parents/guardians;
- Deliver child safety training to girls and their parents/guardians;
- Match volunteers with Little Sisters;
- Facilitate volunteer training sessions and workshops, as required;
- Maintain accurate confidential records and file maintenance;
- Keep accurate caseload statistics to provide monthly reports;
- Monitor service delivery and ensure that program standards are met;
- Act as a resource on educational and social issues and resources to meet the needs of your caseload;
- Provide administrative program support as required.
- You have at minimum (required) a two-year post-secondary diploma in a related field (e.g. Education, Psychology, Social Work, Counselling, Child & Youth Care);
- You have a valid driver’s license and access to a car for out-of-office appointments (required);
- Second language an asset
- You have a strong connection to the Lower Mainland community and are knowledgeable about the area and services;
- You have 1 to 3 years direct program delivery experience working with children and families;
- You are a well-organized, mature, self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a team;
- You have a flexible schedule, with the ability to work some evenings;
- You have experience working with a culturally diverse client/volunteer base;
- You are knowledgeable about child and adolescent development;
- You are skilled at recruiting, motivating and supporting volunteers;
- You are skilled at facilitation, interviewing and training;
- You are computer literate in Microsoft Office and Outlook;
- Experience working with a case management database is an asset;
- You are motivated by our mission to increase the confidence and self-esteem of girls in the Lower Mainland.
This is a full-time 5-day per week (37.5 hour) position reporting primarily to our Surrey office. Daytime travel and some evening work will be required. Please confirm your interest by submitting your resume and cover letter to:
Cassandra Mulhern, Big Sisters Program Manager
Please use Subject Line: Big Sisters Caseworker Position
This position will remain posted until a suitable candidate is found. If your background and qualifications match the position requirements, we will contact you.
No phone calls, please.