Writer/Producer, Promotions, Bell Media
Req Id: 368733
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Position: Writer/Producer, Promotions, Bell Media
Location: 345 Graham Ave, Winnipeg (Manitoba) | CTV Winnipeg
Salary: Group 4 - Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Hours of Work: Flexibility to work days, evenings and weekends, and overtime as required
- In collaboration with the News Editorial team, create promotional content to promote the news of the day on all platforms
- Responsible for daily production and distribution of compelling breaking news promos and messaging on all platforms
- Actively participate in daily story/line-up meetings and weekly creative/promotion planning meetings
- Coordinate talent, resources for news/promotion/commercial shoots within budget, as required
- Write, produce and facilitate the distribution of broadcast, web, radio and print promotional/retail content as necessary
- Writing and management of weekly “Our Community” Calendar messaging
- Write and facilitate the production of retail advertising, sales promotion and station co-branded messaging as assigned
- Shooting and non-linear editing of news promotion and retail content as required
- Act as back-up to Commercial Retail Writer/Producers as needed
- Shooting still images for news or retail as required/head shots/product shots
- Other duties as assigned
- A degree or diploma from a post-secondary broadcast, creative communications, or related program
- Demonstrated experience in commercial/promotion/tease writing/production (:30/:15 second formats)
- Demonstrated knowledge of the utilization of digital platforms/social media
- Demonstrated talent for effective writing and producing in a visual medium
- Proven ability to work quickly and accurately under tight deadlines while managing multiple priorities, along with superior communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with Sony FS5, A7III equipment cameras and basic knowledge of lighting and audio production an asset. Experience with Final Cut Pro/Adobe editing
- Demonstrated desire to work productively as part of a team
- Genuine interest in news is an asset, along with strong organizational skills
- Must possess a full and unrestricted Class 5 (or equivalent) driver’s license
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Manitoba : Winnipeg
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 05/24/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.