Writer, Producer, Bell Media
Req Id: 373591
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Posting Date: May 24, 2022
Closing Date: June 2, 2022
Position: Writer, Producer, Bell Media
Location: 18520 Stony Plain Rd, Edmonton, (CTV Edmonton)
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Hours of Work: 40 hours a week. Overtime as required
This position plays a key role in our newsroom and requires someone who is thorough, accurate, and highly engaged in the exceptional delivery of news content. An excellent communicator with a sense of priority and very strong organization and leadership skills.
- Newscast production, including building and executing lineup prior to broadcast and in control room
- Working closely with Anchors, VJs, Producers and studio personnel
- Writing scripts and editing video for newscasts with minimal direction and supervision
- Adapting to rapidly changing program situations
- Exceptional news judgement and knowledge editorial best practices
- Strong leadership skills, positive and pro-active attitude, excellent independent problem-solving abilities
- Post-secondary education in television/broadcast production
- Experience producing live newscasts
- Demonstrated ability to write to pictures and proven experience in broadcast writing style
- Fundamental knowledge of iNews, Adobe Editing, and live control room skills
- Excellent research, analytical and communication skills
- Strong editorial sense. Thoroughness, accuracy, a sense of priority. Ability to take initiative, responsibility as well as consult with the team.
- Ability to deal with multiple demands and pressure of on-air deadlines and corollary need to make immediate and sound decisions
- Knowledge of the Edmonton news market is an asset
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Alberta : Edmonton
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 06/02/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, AB, Edmonton
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.