Writer, Freelance, CTV News Channel
Req Id: 246771
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We're looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
- Contribute to CTV News Channel and other CTV properties by writing scripts for on-camera, voice-over and intros to reports
- Provide editing instructions of videotape for reports and voice-over packages, vet reporter's scripts and advise on other aspects of reports
- Other duties as assigned Qualifications :
- Solid knowledge of domestic and international news and current affairs
- Proven track record in broadcast writing
- Proven ability to prioritize and meet deadlines of several simultaneous duties, while maintaining focus and composure
- Proven ability to marry picture and sound
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written
- Thorough understanding of libel, slander and copyright law
- Well versed in social media
- Ability to work in a team, and be self-motivated
- Broadcast or Journalism diploma or degree
- A very strong writer and speaker of the English language
- Knowledge of other cultures and languages an asset
- Computer skills - i-news experience is an asset
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Media - Freelancer Job Status: Temporary - Part-Time Job Location: Canada: Ontario: Toronto Application Deadline: 11/16/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Created: Canada , ON , Toronto