Wireless Technician, Bell Mobility
Req Id: 245963
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they're the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you're excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
Accelerate your professional growth and development through career mobility. Our philosophy is to fill vacancies with qualified internal candidates before hiring externally, offering you countless ways to shape your future.
Our Network team plans, designs, builds and operates Bell's multi-billion dollar networks, including the continued expansion of our fibre optic network, HSPA+ and LTE - Canada's largest and fastest wireless network.
The service we provide is the foundation of Bell's competitive advantage and a critical step towards achieving Bell's goal to be recognized by customers as Canada's leading communications company.
Name and description of the hiring department:
- The Bell Mobility wireless network team designs, builds and operates Canada's Best Network.
- Mobile TV, Facebook, Twitter, BlackBerry, Android, iPhone, HSPA+, LTE, IPv6 are the toys in our playground. The young and dynamic Bell Mobility team is front and centre in testing, deploying and maximizing the technologies that are revolutionizing the world.
- We are a technology team linked to Marketing, Sales and Client Care to execute on our number one priority: Delivering Canada's Best Network to our customers. Our people are making big things happen across the country, nourished constantly by growth, training and personal development opportunities.
- Being at the forefront of the mobile internet revolution, we are always in need of smart people who like to get cool things done. If you are looking for more than a place to work and are not afraid of challenges, we have room for you too.
- Bell has the Best Network because we have the Best People. And with you, Bell just got better!
Job Duties / Accountabilities:
- Install, Commission, Optimize, Repair, Operate, and Maintain all network infrastructure equipment (Radio, Dispatch Center, Solar, Paging, HSPA, LTE, in-building, microcell, picocell, DC power, microwave radio, IP connectivity and routing, alarm monitoring/SCADA)
- Act on network performance anomalies and alarms and track their resolution
- Maintain a high proficiency in the use of multiple computer applications and equipment specific software
- Maintain a high proficiency in the use of specialized, laboratory grade wireless technology test equipment
- Interface and provide recommendations to network engineering and management staff on implementation, maintenance, and optimization issues
- Coordinate and verify contractor services to maintain the physical integrity of network sites and power systems
- Maintain company vehicles and equipment inventory
- Investigate internal and external customer complaints
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Work off-normal shifts as required
- Perform work in remote locations on a planned and/or unplanned (emergency) basis
Essential Qualifications / Competencies:
- Telecommunications or Electronics Engineering Technologist or Technician diploma, preferably with courses in radio frequency propagation or Computer Engineering Technologist or Technician diploma or Electrical Engineering Technologist diploma
- Extensive computer competencies and/or training including Microsoft office applications
- Extensive networking and IP competencies
- Excellent written, oral and inter-personal skills are required
- Ability to work autonomously in a remote environment
- Willingness to relocate
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to demonstrate responsible motor vehicle operation
- Ability to operate a snowmobile, ATV, and UTV
- A clear Bell corporate and police security background check is required
Preferred Qualifications / Competencies:
- Previous experience in RF, telephony and microwave telecommunications
- Two-way radio equipment and network installation, commissioning, optimization, repair, and maintenance experience
- Motorola trunked radio network and dispatch center experience
- Programming skills would be an asset
- Experience with towing trailers and operating snowmobiles, ATV's, and generators is an asset
- Job status: Regular - Full Time
- Work schedule: Regular schedule is from 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday but the candidate needs to be available during weekends and evenings for emergencies and on call rotation as required
- Locations: Kitchener and Waterloo, Ontario
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Non Management Job Status: Regular - Full Time Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Kitchener || Canada : Ontario : Waterloo Application Deadline: 11/15/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Created: Canada , ON , Kitchener