Wireless Network Field Services Technician, Bell Mobility, Summer Student
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Mobility team offers the best and latest mobile devices, wireless services and Internet of Things solutions to consumer and business customers, with the top speeds, coverage and reliability on Canada's Best National Network. We love to innovate, embrace big challenges, and live for the newest technology
Accelerate your professional growth and development through career mobility. Our philosophy is to fill vacancies with qualified internal candidates before hiring externally, offering you countless ways to shape your future.
Our Network team plans, designs, builds and operates Bell's multi-billion dollar networks, including the continued expansion of our fiber optic network, HSPA+ and LTE - Canada's largest and fastest wireless network.
The service we provide is the foundation of Bell's competitive advantage and a critical step towards achieving Bell's goal to be recognized by customers as Canada's leading communications company.
Name and description of the hiring department:
The Bell Mobility wireless network team designs, builds and operates Canada's Best Network.
Mobile TV, Facebook, Twitter, BlackBerry, Android, iPhone, HSPA+, LTE, IPv6 are the toys in our playground. The young and dynamic Bell Mobility team is front and centre in testing, deploying and maximizing the technologies that are revolutionizing the world.
We are a technology team linked to Marketing, Sales and Client Care to execute on our number one priority: Delivering Canada's Best Network to our customers. Our people are making big things happen across the country, nourished constantly by growth, training and personal development opportunities.
Being at the forefront of the mobile internet revolution, we are always in need of smart people who like to get cool things done. If you are looking for more than a place to work and are not afraid of challenges, we have room for you too.
Bell has the Best Network because we have the Best People and with you, Bell just got better!
Job Duties / Accountabilities:
- Under guidance of senior technicians - Install, Commission, Optimize, Repair, and Maintain all network infrastructure equipment (Radio, Dispatch Center, Solar, Paging, HSPA, LTE, CDMA, in-building)
- Maintain company vehicles and equipment inventory
- Perform administrative duties, documentation and inventory updates
- Work off-normal shifts as required
- Perform work in remote locations on a planned and/or unplanned (emergency) basis
Essential Qualifications / Competencies:
- Currently enrolled as a college or university student with a path towards telecommunications, electronics, computer or network engineering, preferably with courses in radio frequency propagation
- Computer competencies and/or training including Microsoft office applications
- Networking and IP competencies
- Written, oral and inter-personal skills are required
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to demonstrate responsible motor vehicle operation
- A clear Bell corporate /Police security background check is required
Preferred Qualifications / Competencies:
- Programming skills would be an asset
- Experience with towing trailers and operating snowmobiles is an asset
- Regular schedule is from 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday but the candidate needs to be available during weekends and evenings for emergencies
- Driving in remote areas
- Must live in the (City, town) area
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Non Management
Job Status: Summer Student
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Sudbury
Application Deadline: 03/26/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell, please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com
Created: Canada , ON , Sudbury