Wireless EPC Core Engineer
Wireless EPC Core Engineer
Req Id: 261137
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they're the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you're excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
You're in the right place at the right time...
The Bell Mobility Wireless Network Engineering and Operations team designs, builds and operates Canada's Best Network.
Mobile TV, Facebook, Twitter, BlackBerry, Android, iPhone, HSPA+, LTE, IMS, IPv6, VoLTE, VoWIFI are the toys in our playground. The young and dynamic Bell Mobility team is front and centre in testing, deploying and maximizing the technologies that are changing the world.
We are a technology team linked to Marketing, Sales and Client Care to execute on our number one priority: Delivering Canada's Best Network to our customers. Our people are making big things happen across the country, sustained constantly by growth, training and personal development opportunities.
Being at the forefront of the mobile internet revolution, we are always in need of smart people who like to get cool things done. If you are looking for more than a place to work and are not afraid of challenges, we have room for you too.
Bell has the Best Network because we have the Best People, and with you, Bell just got better!
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Wireless Core Data Services, the successful candidate will function in a team consisting of highly skilled technicians and specialists tasked with the implementation, maintenance and 2nd level operational support of the wireless data core network platforms.
- Working within a squad-based, collaborative environment and supporting service-aligned deliverables
- Support key thrust of continuing to automate the work to improve productivity and quality
- Provide test and verification support for planned maintenance window activities, verifying continued stability and performance of PS Core network elements. This is accomplished through targeted call testing, monitoring of KPIs, log/alarm verification, system queries and status checks.
- Complete Core Data change/implementation activity manipulating configuration/provisioning of network elements, changing resource/connectivity allocations and verifying successful network integration of any changes.
- Monitor health/status of HSPA (GGSN, SGSN, GPRS DNS), LTE (MME, PGW, SGW), VoWIFI (ePDG, AAA, DHCP), DRA network elements, reaction to alarms, indications and performing corrective actions as necessary.
- Tracks appropriate information and completes ticket, outage and post mortem records as necessary.
- Monitors network indicators and initiates further testing and corrective action as necessary.
- Participates in implementation, verification and acceptance testing of new hardware, software, services or functionality.
- Working hours are generally regular Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm; however, participation in an on-call rotation will be a requirement
- Degree or diploma; specialty within an Electronics, Computer Science or Telecommunications or relevant program.
- Experienced in the following technologies: Perl, Bash, SQL, Python, Ansible
- Familiarity with OpenStack and virtualized environments
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP protocol suite and layer 2/3 architectures
- Working knowledge of EPC
- Excellent network troubleshooting skills, efficient problem-solving methodology, knowledgeable in packet analysis and troubleshooting/debug commands on operating systems Cisco (IOS), and Unix/Linux/HpUx
- Excellent written & verbal skills and strong people skills.
- Effective time management and problem solving abilities.
- Familiarity with Lean, Agile, Scrum management best practices.
- Familiarity with Wireless Technologies such as HSPA, LTE, IMS/VoLTE/VoWIFI, virtualization of network functions
- Linux (RHCSA, RHCE) and Network (CCNA, JNCIS) certifications
- Bilingual (English & French)
- Knowledge of more than one area of wireless technology
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management Job Status: Regular - Full Time Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Quebec : Montreal Application Deadline: 11/01/2020
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Created: Canada , ON , Mississauga
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.