Weekend Anchor / News Writer-Reporter
Accelerate your professional growth and development through career mobility. Our philosophy is to fill vacancies with qualified internal candidates before hiring externally, offering you countless ways to shape our future.
Bell Media is Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio and digital media, including CTV - Canada's #1 television network, and the country's most-watched specialty channels. It is a critical component of Bell's commitment to leverage strategic investments in broadband networks to offer Canadians the best available content on any of the four screens they choose: television, smartphone, tablet and computer.
Weekend Anchor/ News Reporter-Writer
Unifor 2013M Compensation will commensurate with qualifications and experience
40 hours per week, varied shift schedule, plus overtime as required. Typical shift patterns will include weekends.
Reporting to the News Director, and working closely with our entire news team, this multi-skilled and focused individual will :
- Anchor CTV Saskatoon evening newscast on the weekend.
- Anchor, Interview, write and produce local news content and segments on a daily basis. Reporting (some live) during the week.
- Contribute strong, original content ideas daily. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of issues impacting the province and the City of Saskatoon.
- Co-ordinate video, audio and graphic elements
- Maintain flexible work-week schedule including morning show duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 years' experience as a Television Host / Anchor in a similar size market.
- Reporter/Producer experience. Degree or diploma from an accredited post-secondary broadcast program and related television experience Strong editorial and writing ability with diverse range of style including Live experience.
- Strong journalistic sensibilities and integrity Solid background and knowledge of broadcast television and media production Ability to work a variety of shifts.
- Ability to work well under pressure with multiple tight deadlines Excellent organizational and time management skills Excellent communicator and team player with a positive, friendly manner.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at:
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Media - Talent Position Level: Unifor 817M - CTV Saskatoon Job Location: Canada: Saskatchewan: Saskatoon Application Deadline: 09/06/2019 Contact Name:
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted. Please note that the only information related to the Performance Management Process (PMP) that should be included on your resume or cover letter is your current rating (Exceeds, Meets etc.). A more detailed copy of your PMP may be requested at a later date.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Created: Canada, SK, Saskatoon