Videographer, Bell Media
Req Id: 368011
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Position: Videographer, Bell Media
Location: CTV Barrie
Salary: Unifor Local 714M, Group 4. Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. Shift and weekend work required, and overtime as required
- Originating, shooting, writing, reporting, interviewing, editing, providing creative input and generally producing television stories
- News anchoring, weather anchoring, line-up and assignment desk duties when required
- Creating content for digital
- Other duties as assigned including some producing and web producing duties
- Have a broadly appealing “on-air” presence with the capability of performing in a “live” environment and the ability to interact well with others on camera
- Strong writing, research and presentation skills
- Experience in weather anchoring, preferably 1-2 years
- Proven knowledge of local, national and international events
- Excellent people and leadership skills
- A self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work independently under pressure of deadlines
- Knowledge of the law as it relates to journalism and journalistic ethics
- Proven skills in, and knowledge of, technical requirements of television production
- Ability to deal with new and developing technology
- Knowledge of and ability to use major social media platforms
- Knowledge of CTV Barrie coverage area
- Candidates must be prepared to reside in Barrie area
- Minimum of 4 years broadcasting experience in a news environment, and must include on-air experience
- University degree with broadcast journalism or equivalent education
- A valid G class driver’s license and a good driving record are required
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Media - Talent
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Barrie
Flexible work profile: Remote
Application Deadline: 05/03/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Barrie
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.