Videographer and Radio Reporter
Req Id: 376576
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Bell Media has a unique opportunity for someone to enhance their television and radio skills as a member of the on-air team with Bell Media in Fort St. John, BC. The primary responsibility of the Videographer and Radio Reporter is to track down stories, attend news events, edit and produce stories for radio, television and the web. Located at our studios in Fort St. John, BC, you would be part of a team of reporters and anchors covering the Northeast BC region. This position requires day, evening and weekend shifts as required.
With the support of the News Director, you will:
- Develop community contacts.
- Attend news events, chase stories and follow up on files.
- Edit and produce stories for television, radio and the web on a daily basis.
- Reading news, weather, and sports on Radio.
- Work with team members to brainstorm story ideas and co-ordinate television coverage
- Occasionally travel to smaller communities within our coverage area to cover news events.
- Daily phone checks with police, fire, ambulance, etc.
- Attend municipal government, school district and regional district meetings weekly or monthly.
- Successful candidate will have the opportunity to cover for the anchor and reporters in the Fort St. John newsroom, on occasion
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have a comfortable on-camera presence, and the ability to do live TV
- Ability to write for Radio, TV, and the web
- Ability to work and meet deadlines with minimal supervision or un- supervised
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Mature, calm and professional manner
- Strong communication, writing and creativity.
- Able to take instruction with ease; willing to learn
- Represent Bell Media with integrity, respect and mature judgment
- Degree or Diploma from a recognized Broadcast/Journalism Program or equivalent experience
- Experience and demonstrated ability to operate ENG camera and editing equipment
- Knowledge of Burli or similar program.
- Knowledge of Final Cut or similar video editing system.
- Preferred 1 – 3 years’ experience in a similar or related position.
- A full and unrestricted Class 5 drivers’ licence with a clean drivers’ abstract is required
- Strong references
- Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Media - Talent
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : British Columbia : Fort St. John
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 06/10/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, BC, Fort St. John
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.