Video Journalist, Bell Media
Req Id: 372462
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Posting Date: May 4, 2022
Closing Date: May 25, 2022
Position: VIDEO JOURNALIST, Saint John, NB
Salary: Unifor 21M- Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. Overtime as required. May include working evenings and weekends.
- Generating, developing, researching, and setting-up original stories focusing on local news and creative features
- News and feature reporting: including conducting interviews, script writing and voicing
- Utilizing of ENG equipment & digital editing to shoot and edit stories
- Setting-up and operating live equipment (i.e. Dejero boxes and/or Dejero App, Atlas Kits, etc.)
- Live reporting
- Consistent and impactful social media engagement
- Writing web copy and providing web content
- Developing contacts and sources
- Strong editorial decision-making
- Weekend and late night assignments as required
- Other related duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education with specialized broadcast training (i.e. Journalism Degree) or equivalent
- On-air experience as a Reporter or Video Journalist in television is required
- Video Journalist experience preferred
- Strong research and communication skills
- Strong creative abilities and leadership qualities
- Ability to work quickly, deal with multiple demands and pressure of on-air deadlines
- Knowledge of Atlantic Canada (history, geography, political and socio-economic conditions) and the challenges facing the region is desirable
- Experience in the operation of ENG and non-linear editing equipment required
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity and curiosity
- Excellent understanding of journalistic ethics is essential
- Experience with “live” presentation
- Demonstrated engagement with social media (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, etc.) required
- Experience providing content to digital platforms, including websites, preferred
- Experience with iNews and Dejero technology preferred
- Strong reliable team player
- Creative storytelling skills and strong news judgment
- Ability to consistently lift and carry up to 45 pounds
- Valid driver’s licence and a good driving record are required
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Media - Talent
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : New Brunswick : Saint John
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 05/25/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, NB, Saint John
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.