Video Journalist, Bell Media
Req Id: 368252
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Position: Video Journalist, Bell Media
Location: 9 Channel Nine Court.Toronto, ON
Be part of driving Canada’s number one local newsroom into the future! CTV Toronto is looking for experienced video journalists who have an appreciation for how today’s audiences consume quality content on multiple platforms.
Successful candidates want to deliver that content using the latest technology at the speed of today’s news consumer
- On camera presentation of news and information segments – on multiple platforms
- High quality journalism adhering to all legal, ethical and regulatory standards
- Gathering high quality video and photos
- Editing video in the field using the latest non-linear technology
- Filling out pre designed graphics templates for insertion in news stories cut in the field
- Writing solid and engaging content for multiple platforms (broadcast, digital, social)
- Conducting interviews, researching, and identifying original story ideas
- Meeting multiple filing deadlines in order to ensure immediate and up-to-date news coverage online and on-air
- Tracking and booking follow up news coverage
- Working weekday, weekend, and evening shifts
- Providing backfill for other news positions as required
- A forward-looking approach toward the news industry and modern newsgathering techniques
- Exceptional on-air delivery and outstanding storytelling skills
- A solid understanding of how Canadians consume news today on multiple platforms
- Minimum 5 years working in a news operation including a professional journalistic environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in non-linear editing (packages, VOs, intros, bumpers and special effects)
- Demonstrated proficiency in the operation of ENG gear including troubleshooting
- Demonstrated competency in writing voice-overs, short packages, package intros, and promotional items to the standards set by CTV News
- Proficiency with computers and social media
- Experience exercising editorial judgment in a deadline-driven news environment
- Post-Secondary education in journalism or broadcasting preferred
- In-depth knowledge of coverage region, national and international news. Evidence of being a “consumer of news”
- Ability to develop and maintain news contacts to allow for effective coverage on deadline
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines of several simultaneous duties, while maintaining focus. Ability to work in a team, and be self-motivated
- The successful applicant must demonstrate a high degree of adaptability and must be committed to learning and functioning in a fast paced environment
- Candidates must be capable of lifting and carrying camera equipment. (approx. 15-20 pounds)
- A valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract are required
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Media - Talent
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 05/05/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.