User Experience Designer, Bell Media, 1 year contract
Req Id: 367574
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Are you someone who lives and breathes digital? Are you naturally curious about how people consume media? Bell Media is looking for people who think this way and want to create exceptional digital experiences for Canadians. As the guardians of some of Canada’s most respected brands, such as TSN, CTV, RDS, Crave TV and Canal Vie, we want Canadians to be entertained and engaged in our brands long past the 21st century, even as technology changes at lightning speed. Entertainment and information are our currency and maintaining our relevance to Canadians and their lives is what drives our work every day.
That’s why we’re looking for exceptional talent to push the Bell Media digital business transformation that has already begun. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
About the Role:
We’re currently seeking an exceptional user experience professional with design research experience that understands the place and evolution of digital products and interfaces. As a UX designer at Bell Media, you will work collaboratively with agile team members: product owners, scrum masters, developers, content creators and project managers to bring cutting-edge digital products to life. You’re a great storyteller and a natural advocate for the many types of users that have to be accounted for in today’s world. You add real-world examples, user scenarios and use cases into the mix to add practical usability to our digital experiences. You guide your agile team members through design discovery by helping to facilitate Design Thinking sessions with cross-functional groups of stakeholders. You have experience in conducting user research and examining findings to determine and prioritize design iterations to be made.
- Break down complex problems to craft elegant experiences
- Collaboratively lead ideation, concept development, co-creation and facilitate design thinking work
- Produce design artifacts such as sketches, wireframes, user flows, functional prototypes and user scenarios
- Identify and communicate research goals, set research strategy, create and implement research plans and scripts
- Work collaboratively with development teams to ensure that design intent is achieved
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas, detailed designs, and design approaches/rationales
- Keep up-to-date with UX design best practices and principles, user research methodologies and usability testing tools
Critical Skills/ Competencies:
- A degree in design or similar work experience in a design-related discipline (industrial design, user-centred design, information management, design research & strategy, human factors, psychology, human-computer interaction, etc.)
- 5 - 7 years of experience working with mobile and responsive experiences
- Ability to translate conceptual ideas into compelling customer experiences
- Ability to conduct user research, testing activities and deliverables
- Proficiency with design tools as such Axure, Figma and Adobe XD
- Strong understanding of web and mobile design frameworks
- Exceptional organization, logic, and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to ask good questions and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to communicate ideas to a diverse audience and constructively integrate feedback
- A self-started able to take the initiative and move projects forward
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate well in a team environment
- Demonstrate experience with a variety of research techniques, including card sorting, interviewing, online surveys, and eye tracking
- Experience with mixed methods research methodologies is a plus
- An understanding of basic accessibility design regulations and penalties, running accessibility audits (WCAG 2.0 AA)
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Temporary - Full time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 03/31/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.