Telecommunication Technician, Télébec
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell's Field Services team is proud to be the face of the Bell brand, performing the best installation and repair services and maintaining Bell's network for our residential and business customers.
The combination technician is responsible for the installation and repair, maintenance and upgrades of customer telephony equipment both in the residential and business markets. He must be able to efficiently install, interconnect, maintain and remove these types of equipment with little supervision for data circuits, transmission networks and all other business and residential products such as telephone systems, voice mail and others. He will also, as required, perform work on central office and mobility equipment. The technician could be called upon to execute other general tasks. He must always properly represent the company in front of clients; perform his tasks safely with accuracy, rapidity and curtesy. He must also have good planning and organization skills, be a team player and finally, be multi-skilled.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Install, move, remove, repair, replace, modify and maintain data and voice transmission equipment while respecting standards, work methods and procedures
- Organize his daily load, take note of tasks, establish a schedule, communicate with client prior to work and, on occasion, provide cost estimates for future business work
- Familiarize clients with the operation of their telephony equipment during installations and promote product and service
- Perform testing of circuits with appropriate test equipment and ensure the completion of preventative maintenance
- Complete cabling, connections and terminations necessary for proper equipment operation in own area of coverage
- Create, modify, move or remove programming on telephony or network equipment including upgrades
- Communicate with specialized personnel in order to resolve problems as required or to obtain further information
- Manipulate, transport, adjust and utilize tools and equipment appropriately as well as maintain a safe work environment including the proper use of company vehicles and the maintaining of inventories
- Complete data, special services and network orders
- Fill-out different forms and revise different reports relating to his work
- Availability to respond to customer emergencies and urgent requests
- Availability at all time (overtime) and to travel throughout the area
- DEC in electronics or telecommunications or equivalent work experience. (the secondary school diploma is required for candidates that are not part of the Teamsters technician bargaining unit)
- Knowledge of residential and business products
- Basic programming skills
- Excellent knowledge of outside plant and network
- Hold a valid class 5 diver's licence
- In order to meet customer needs, willing to undergo security and background checks
- Ability to climb poles, use ladders and spurs as required
- Ability to carry ladders and be in excellent physical condition
- Ability to differentiate between colors and work in confine spaces
- French : fluent without restrictions
- English : working knowledge
- The candidate must be able to travel outside his area of coverage in different weather conditions, be available to work different work schedules to meet business needs and work overtime as required.
- The candidate must have the physical capacity to perform his tasks safety and meet all use requirements for the equipment he will have to utilize during his work.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union Job Status: Regular - Full Time Job Location: Canada : Quebec : La Tuque
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada , QC , La Tuque