Technician - Generalist, Summer Student
Req Id: 371541
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Our Bell Business Markets team enables the digital transformation of businesses and governments nationwide through solutions in areas including Internet and private networks, voice and unified communications, contact centre, security, Internet of Things, data centre and cloud. We’re proud to be Canada’s leading provider of broadband network and communication services for businesses and governments.
Job Title: Technician – Generalist
Job Status: Summer Student, Temporary part-time
Job Location: 160 Elgin, Ottawa, ON
Position duration: June to September 2022
Name and description of hiring department:
Ottawa Service Desk for Bell Business Market Mid Large Clients, Level 1 support, ticket creation and management, Incident assignment to proper internal groups and or partners. Own the customer communication and relationship until resolution. Ensure incidents progress within SLA’s and SLO’s escalate when necessary.
Job Duties / Accountabilities:
- Perform surveillance and troubleshooting on customer’s network equipment
- Perform Ticket Management (including opening/closing of service tickets, keeping customer informed on status of service assurance activities until resolution)
- Manage workload with efficiency taking priorities into consideration
- Collaborate actively with different partners/suppliers
- Apply escalation procedures when necessary
- Maintain knowledge in products and services sold by Bell
- Partner with multiple internal teams in order to meet customer’s needs
- Listen, understand, analyse and respond to customer’s needs
- Perform change management including all associated responsibilities
- Demonstrate judgement and initiative
As necessary, agree to undergo a background security check to meet a customer’s clearance requirement.
Essential Qualifications / Skills:
- A minimum of a high school diploma is required
- Fluent in English and French
- Basic knowledge of inter-networking (LAN/MAN/WAN/VoIP)
- Basic knowledge of the following product and services: IP (IPVPN, MPLS), Broadband (T1, ATM, OE, NGCE)
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to make decisions promptly and manage risks while under pressure
This is a 24/7 operation; the candidate may be called upon to work variable schedules according to business needs (schedules within a given day are prepared by the Company with due consideration to seniority) to participate in a standby program and to work overtime as needed. Available and flexible to work days, evenings and nights, weekends, and statutory holidays when needed.
Note that many working conditions are subject to terms outlined in the collective agreement.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Summer Student
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Remote
Application Deadline: 05/25/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Ottawa
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.