Technician - Archives, Bell Media
Technician - Archives, Bell Media
Req Id: 293659
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We're looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Title: Technician - Archives, Bell Media, CSN-RDS
Hours of work: 40 hrs. weekly. Week 1 : Monday to Friday from 4H30PM to 01H30AM / Week 2 : Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday from 4H30PM to 01H30AM. The schedule may change at any time depending on the needs of the production
Location: 1755 René-Lévesque East Blvd., Montréal
Posting Date: May 28, 2021
Closing Date: June 3, 2021
- The incumbent is responsible for archiving and managing the production server as well as operating the teleprompter for news reports. He prepares the sequences to be archived and sees to the archiving of the visuals and the updating of the database
- The incumbent must work according to the standards recognized and established at RDS, the objectives of the sector, the mission and the values of RDS
Nature and scope:
- The archives manager manages the production server in support of the archives media coordinator
- He oversees the operation of the teleprompter for the various news reports
- He works closely with the news and programming departments. He communicates regularly with the archives media coordinator and newsroom producers
- Replaces the archives media coordinator during his absence mainly on weekends (management of video servers)
- View the available material
- Chooses and transfers the sequences that will be kept according to the criteria established by the archives media coordinator and the joint needs of the different RDS departments
- Operates the teleprompter
- Encode bulletins for the hearing impaired
- Complete the lists of sequences meeting these criteria
- Consult and respond to requests for visuals from the various RDS departments
- Catalog the visual material of the archives on different visual supports
- Responds and sees to transfers of visuals from external RDS entities
- Search images for the newsroom
- Keeps his technical and operational knowledge up to date
- Provide training
- Performs all other related tasks
Knowledge and skills:
- Hold a university degree or equivalent
- Have a solid experience (5 years) in the field of media (television / digital)
- Good communication and team spirit
- Demonstrate autonomy, thoroughness and reliability
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Have a very good sense of organization
- Possess excellent knowledge in sport
- Be bilingual
Bilingualism is required (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union Job Status: Regular - Full Time Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal Application Deadline: 06/03/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com .
Created: Canada , QC , Montreal
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.