Technical Coordinator - CTV London, Bell Media
Req Id: 373451
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Position: Technical Coordinator
Location: CTV London,
Salary: Bargaining Unit, Local 87M Group 7
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week. Overtime as required based on operational needs. May include dedicated weekend shift (Wednesday – Sunday)
- Supervising edits for daily newscasts/edit material for daily newscasts
- Creating graphics for news packages, special series and monitor loops.
- Support on-camera talent and position cameras during broadcast times
- Post material to web (both written and video)
- Ensure equipment (cameras, edit suites, lights, vehicles) is in good working order, and is sent for repair as required
- Perform production control functions (audio operator, technical director, switcher)
- Back-filling other roles within the bargaining unit as required
- Support editorial requirements of the station
- Participate in planning and execution of paid programming functions
- Work with engineering to bring in live sources for newscasts
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a newsroom
- Minimum 3 years’ experience editing in a professional broadcast environment
- Minimum 1 year experience working in production audio or switching
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems with field cameras and editing software
- A track record for showing initiative in completing tasks
- A reputation as a great shooter, editor, lighting technician
- Proficient in use of iNews or equivalent newsroom software
- Proficient in creation of graphic elements using inscriber/aftereffects/photoshop or other equivalent software.
- Knowledge of coverage region
- Editorial knowledge of current affairs and newsmakers.
- Forward thinking, a creative and open-minded problem solver with experience maximizing the best use of the company’s resources
- Strong team leader with effective people and motivational skills and a demonstrated record of success supervising staff
- Knowledge of studio operations, including use of robotic cameras
- Knowledge of Dejero, Atlas technology an asset
- Proven experience working with Engineering in order to trouble shoot technical issues that may arise which could impact the newscast
- Practical working knowledge of Microsoft Office and iOS devices
- A valid G class driver’s license and a good driving record are required
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : London
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 06/01/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, London
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.