Tape Producer, CTV National News, Bell Media
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We're looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Status: Temporary - full time (12 month contract)
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. Overtime as required
Working under direction of the producers of CTV National News Toronto, the Tape Producer will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the editing of voiceovers and reporter items for air
- Monitoring the production flow for National News
- Working directly with editors/playback operators and the director
- Coordinating work flow between National News writers and editors
- Ensuring accuracy and quality control of visual elements for show
- Coordinating on air between feed and play/director and show producer
- Managing incoming feed records
- Various editorial and newsroom tasks as required by Producer
- Assisting assignment desk tasks as required
- Assisting writers/producers in accessing specific visuals
- Producing certain promo visuals
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 3 years of newsroom experience
- Journalism or broadcast degree
- Highly organized
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of current events
- Ability to juggle competing priorities simultaneously on deadline
- Ability to take direction from Producers
- Excellent computer skills
- Familiarity with iNews
- Thorough understanding of edit suite and playback technology
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French).
Position Type: Non Management
Job Status: Temporary - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Application Deadline: 05/24/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Created: Canada , ON , Toronto