Supervising News Producer, CTV Winnipeg, Bell Media
Are you ready to grow your career by taking on a new role at Bell? We always look for qualified applicants within our own team to support their development.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We're looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Position: Supervising News Producer, Bel Media, Unifor 816M
Location: CTV Winnipeg
Salary: C.E.P. Local 816M, Group 15. Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. Overtime as required. Schedule may include early mornings, evenings and weekends
Posting Date: May 10th, 2019
Closing Date: May 26th, 2019
Producer for CTV Winnipeg's digital platforms. Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and coordinate workflow of digital content creators to deliver news content for all platforms
- Editorial oversight for legal, ethical and accuracy issues for all digital content
- Work with editorial staff to ensure digital is on top of all news and covering events live where appropriate
- Supervising editorial line-up including copy editing for grammar and accuracy along with vetting report and web scripts
- Contributing scripts, video, and pictures to the station website and social media platforms; including but not limited to breaking news, feature news, and daily news
- Monitoring and publishing wires, with an eye to SEO, keywords and social sharing
- Generating Initiating ideas for enterprise stories and coverage, including the integration of news content on-air, online, and through social media
- Strategically posting to and overseeing multiple social media streams (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and others)
- Creating and overseeing production of infographics, maps, quizzes, timelines and data journalism
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of experience in a supervisory role in a digital news environment
- Degree or diploma from an accredited post-secondary broadcast program
- Proven editorial news judgment with high journalistic standards
- Strong understanding of Mobile and web technologies with proven ability to identify and master social media trends and emerging technology
- Proven ability to prioritize and meet deadlines of several simultaneous duties, while maintaining focus and composure
- Solid understanding of defamation and broadcast law
- Experience publishing content using a CMS; proficient in After Effects and Photoshop as well as HTML and CSS
- Proficient in Canadian Press Style
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with an interest and ability to lead
- Possess strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to think strategically and creatively
- In depth knowledge of and interest in news and current affairs
- Must have and maintain valid documents required for travel to the United States
- A full and unrestricted Class 5 or equivalent driver's license is required
Please email your writing samples to Karen.Mitchell@bellmedia.ca
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Manitoba : Winnipeg
Application Deadline: 05/26/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com .
Created: Canada , MB , Winnipeg