Summer Student, Technical Analyst in Telecommunication
Req Id: 363656
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Our Bell Business Markets team enables the digital transformation of businesses and governments nationwide through solutions in areas including Internet and private networks, voice and unified communications, contact centre, security, Internet of Things, data centre and cloud. We’re proud to be Canada’s leading provider of broadband network and communication services for businesses and governments.
In this role, you will be assisting professional services resources in their mandates and gain experience towards becoming a fully competent consultant practitioner in Professional Services Delivery in telecommunication.
As part of the Bell Business Markets Professional Services Delivery team, you will play a key role in reviewing, creating, designing and implementing telecommunication solutions (Network, Security and Cloud) based on business clients’ needs. You will assist in validating deployed designs and configurations as well as learn to provide technical expertise and recommend integrated solution in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to clients and internal teams, based on the client’s requirements and applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
The technical analyst will work with one of our specialists to conduct the following activities:
- Evaluate and understand client needs and ensure the accuracy of information required
- Validate, design, configure and document telecommunication solutions
- Help coordinate the various aspects of a project and complete the required activities
- Provide technical support, work as part of the team and act as a liaison between the client and multidisciplinary teams
Learning the following areas:
- Education in Electric engineering / Computer engineering or relevant IT curriculum
- Ability to understand technology integration with client’s environment
- Ability to build strong relationships with teammates and our clients
- Analytical capacity, problem-solving skills, initiative
- Sense of priorities, organized when multitasking
- Solid leadership and decision-making skills; self-reliance and creativity
- In-depth knowledge in technical writing (Word, Excel, Visio)
- Bilingual (French-English)
- Knowledge in emerging network and technology products (LAN/WAN, Network Security, Cloud)
- CCNA certification or other telecommunication and networking training an advantage
- Knowledge in programming language / scripting
- Good attendance record, sense of personal development and responsibility
- Team spirit along with ability to make a personal contribution
- Flexible schedule and work location to meet client commitments
- As needed, works outside regular office hours (evenings and weekends)
- Occasional travel
- Location: 1 carref. Alex.-G.-Bell, Verdun (QC)
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Summer Student
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Quebec : Verdun
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 05/02/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.