Summer Student, Cybersecurity, Governance, Risk and Compliance
Req Id: 363405
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Our Bell Business Markets team enables the digital transformation of businesses and governments nationwide through solutions in areas including Internet and private networks, voice and unified communications, contact centre, security, Internet of Things, data centre and cloud. We’re proud to be Canada’s leading provider of broadband network and communication services for businesses and governments.
Our Professional Services team has an immediate need for an intern acting as a Junior Consultant - Cybersecurity Governance, Risk and Compliance. In this role, you will learn the importance of governance for supporting clients in building efficient and robust cybersecurity programs.
Job Duties/ Accountabilities:
- Participate in various information security and compliance assessments based on established security frameworks including but not limited to PCI-DSS, IS027001, ITSG-33, NIST CSF, CCM and CIS
- Evaluate and rate clients’cybersecurity posture, including their cloud footprint, and provide recommendations for improving the posture
- Analyze and understand client security issues and recommend creative solutions adapted to the client
- Provide advisory services to clients on various cybersecurity aspects with regards to Compliance, Risks, Privacy, and other Cybersecurity governance issues
- Participate in conformity assessment exercises of internal services in order to meet contractual requirements
- Contribute to the improvement of clients' cybersecurity practice by drafting policies, guidelines and procedures as needed
- Employ a structured approach to project delivery to ensure client satisfaction and project profitability
- Participate in pre-sales activities, proposal development, clients needs analysis, and solution design
- Contribute to the improvement of the practice by helping with building tools and templates
- Ability to work concurrently on different projects
Desired Qualifications/ Competencies:
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity
- In progress of a University degree / diploma in Computer Science or a field related to IT, IT Security or Information Technology, or a combination of education and experience
- Knowledge with some of the following information security concepts and how to asses them:
- Privacy protection – Bill 64, C11 and GDPR
- Access control
- Policies, processes, standards and procedures
- Security architecture
- Cloud security and cloud migration challenges
- Incident response
- Be comfortable with various technologies to be able to evaluate the effectiveness of controls, or suggest controls to be put in place
- Knowledge of technology controls to ensure cybersecurity in complex customer environments including cloud environments
- Bilingual (French and English)
- Knowledge of the PCI-DSS standard
- Minimum of two years study in Cybersecurity
- Knowledge of Threat Modelling, or Threat and Risk, or Privacy Assessments
- Knowledge of cybersecurity concepts in an IoT, ICS or OT context
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills in French and English
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of tools (Excel, Word, Visio, etc...)
- Ability to work with others effectively in a team environment
- Strong technical and analytical skills
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Intern
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Verdun
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 04/27/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.