Summer Student, Business Analyst, Vendor Risk Management
Req Id: 370572
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Corporate Services is at the centre of the action, providing the support that enables Bell’s industry leadership. Our Corporate Security & Responsibility, Communications, Human Resources, Procurement & Value Creation and Real Estate teams work collaboratively to drive our corporate strategy forward.
Reporting directly to the Senior Manager of Vendor Risk Management, the Business Analyst is for end-to-end vendor management activities, including, but not limited to; collaborating with internal stakeholders, developing training, and managing day-to-day support issues. The Business Analyst will also be tasked with supporting senior management in critical vendor management initiatives
- Actively engage and collaborate with internal stakeholders across various business units to contribute to the effective management of vendors risk portfolio and ensure the program is functioning in a consistent manner across all risk domains
- Demonstrate leadership to effectively communicate, coordinate, collaborate and work in a visible and proactive manner to deliver positive results in a complex and cross-functional organization including multidisciplinary teams
- Ensure enterprise-wide needs for due diligence, risk assessment and continuing vendor monitoring are being accomplished
- Support training and communications regarding vendor risk management initiatives and other compliance requirements among business units, stakeholders, senior management and executives
- Monitor, manage, improve and implement vendor risk policies, procedures and program governance to ensure effective risk management of vendors in accordance with regulatory and internal requirements
- Interact with support teams in response to inquiries, concerns, and service requests
- Update and manage internal collaboration spaces for documentation and communications
- Work to standardize and clean up data to maintain its integrity through process, reporting and governance
- Understand, communicate and document all critical project information including but not limited to project planning, analysis, business proposal, business requirements, and executive presentations
- Demonstrate flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and managing multiple work streams at the same time
- A solid understanding of training and process documentation
- Proficient in MS Excel, Access and Project, Power Point, Visio, and ability to learn proprietary systems
- Problem Solving – Possess an analytical mindset with the ability to collect, organize, and assimilate data with the intention of drawing logical conclusions
- Cross-Functional Leadership - Ability to work across organizational boundaries with all levels of management and employees and communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Strong analytical/problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Strong team player; demonstrates initiative; has a strong desire to succeed
- Highly motivated, proactive, and flexible with the ability to adapt to a complex and quickly changing environment
- Excellent oral, written, and group communication skills
Must pass a security clearance check including criminal record check.
NOTE: All Corporate Security personnel are required to sign a letter of non-disclosure, which prevents them from divulging sensitive information that they may be exposed to during their assignment. This policy is strictly enforced.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Summer Student
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Quebec : Verdun
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 05/08/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada , ON , Mississauga
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.