Summer Student, Scrum Master
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they're the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you're excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
Description of hiring team The Application Development and Support teams are responsible for developing and supporting a variety of Bell products and services. We are seeking candidates to join various teams including the OSS, Network Strategy, Media Digital Systems and the Managed Services teams. Candidates should have the ability to understand customer needs and propose solutions, be able to work in an agile environment and interested in solving complicated technical problems. We currently have several positions available in this area. By applying on this position, you will automatically be considered for all available positions.
- Act as a Scrum master leveraging Agile methodology
- Ensure prompt follow ups with different operational teams
- Work with internal and external client groups to determine needs
- Facilitate identification of process improvements or system enhancements
- Research industry trends, best practices and new technologies that will provide operational insights to internal teams, focussing on continuous improvement of the customer experience
- Drive innovation and find opportunities to leverage emergent technology
Critical Technical Competencies
- The technical competencies required vary depending on the position
- University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent.
- University degree in computer science or business administration
- Experience with working in an agile environment
- Fully versed in all office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Critical Leadership Competencies
- Able to deal with multiple implementation projects simultaneously
- Gifted thinker who is extremely resourceful and can learn new technologies on the fly, driven and proactive
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Team player who always put the interest of the team above all other priorities
- Strong aptitude to recognize opportunities for improvement in day-to-day work and take appropriate actions
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills with a strong attention to detail
- Strong time management skills and work ethic (highly motivated) to manage multiple projects/accountabilities
- Knowledge of Bell Canada's Products & Services as well as Media, Network, IT and Call Centre environments.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Summer Student
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 05/16/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.