Summer Student, Operations Manager, Procurement
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Corporate Services is at the centre of the action, providing the support that enables Bell's industry leadership. Our Corporate Security & Responsibility, Communications, Human Resources, Procurement & Value Creation and Real Estate teams work collaboratively to drive our corporate strategy forward.
The Bell Procurement team is a best-in-class Procurement organization using leading industry practices in sourcing activities. We are a centralized organization focused on the management of BCE Inc. expenditures by leading the sourcing of goods and services throughout the company. As we grow and invest in new technologies, our role involves maximizing every dollar spent on products and services. Our networks are fueled by suppliers' technology and Procurement is at the forefront of these contracts, leading negotiations with suppliers to ensure best value is obtained.
- Coordination and oversight of Procurement processes:
- Lead and complete activities related to procurement and contracting, such as document management
- Prepare reports for decision makers on contracting activities
- Serve as a procurement strategic support prime to answer questions around Bell's Source to pay tool
- Understand contract and stakeholder requirements, internal Bell policies, all impacting Bell's procurement process
- Participate in ad-hoc projects
- Learn about the intricacies of procurement and category management, while further enhancing project management and process improvement skills in a complex and large organization
- Build rapport with Procurement Category Managers through regular communication and ensure their needs are met
- If opportunity arises, support in the negotiation of a contract with suppliers
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and listening skills
- Experience working in multi-functional teams as the leader
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop strong work and client relationships
- Proven analytical / problem solving ability
- Exposure to project management and change management
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Undergraduate degree
- Relevant industry experience
- Experience in procurement program implementation
- Experience with procurement analytics, future state process development, the procurement process, or establishing performance metrics
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management
- Familiarity with SAP, Ariba and Ivalua
- Exposure to process reengineering
- Bilingual (English and French) an asset
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Summer Student
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Quebec : Verdun
Application Deadline: 05/21/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you
have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada , QC , Montreal