Summer Student, Manager, Operations Center
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Corporate Services is at the centre of the action, providing the support that enables Bell’s industry leadership. Our Corporate Security & Responsibility, Communications, Human Resources, Procurement & Value Creation and Real Estate teams work collaboratively to drive our corporate strategy forward.
The incumbent will play a support role, managing incidents and monitoring all buildings under the responsibility of Real Estate Services.
- Learn about and assess our operational processes.
- Help prioritize, escalate and communicate building incidents, depending on the circumstances, by using good judgement to analyze and assess them.
- Provide support for the management of building incidents, which includes managing technicians and contractors.
- Manage and monitor information on buildings and building automation systems for Bell Canada’s portfolio.
- Work independently and make decisions without supervision.
- Acquire an overall understanding of the impact decisions have on costs.
- Plan when and how action should be taken.
The incumbent will also be responsible for managing internal processes, implementing continuous improvement initiatives, and verifying compliance with Bell’s current standards.
Examples of job duties:
- Make sure that documents such as the following are current and complete: plans, technical specifications, workshop drawings, operation manuals, contracts and guarantees.
- Act as the primary Real Estate Services representative for Emergency Operations Procedures (EOP), health and safety, inspections, risk management, emergency situation simulations and other building-related incidents.
- Provide building operation directives and technical support to building technicians across Canada, including for automated control and power surveillance systems.
- Oversee the implementation and monitoring of energy conservation measures in collaboration with the Power team and in keeping with current policies.
- Manage building incidents, as well as technicians and contractors to minimize the impact on Bell’s portfolio.
- Manage communication processes for building incidents, including the process for abnormal and threatening conditions, until they have been resolved.
- Must be able to resolve multiple potentially complex situations, and to prioritize and manage the required resources in order to minimize the impact on Bell’s services.
- Serve as a technical contact for both internal and external resources.
- Understand and maintain automated building system programs.
- Well-honed written and spoken communication skills, computer literacy and solid computer skills.
- Establish performance indicators based on various sources, including those used to monitor compliance gaps and escalations.
Required qualifications and competencies:
- Be enrolled in an engineering bachelor’s degree program (construction, mechanical or electrical engineering) or in another building-related field;
- Strong case analysis skills and keen sense of responsibility;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent command of MS Office;
- Networking knowledge; and
- Ability to work a rotating work schedule (24/7).
Preferred qualifications and competencies:
- High level of autonomy, and ability to make difficult decisions in situations that can involve a high level of stress;
- Consistent attention to detail and accuracy;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong time management skills;
- Familiarity with cost estimates for parts and equipment;
- Ability to operate a building automation system;
- Ability to adapt to various technical and technological changes;
- Sound interpersonal skills and comfortable working with tenants, unionized employees, union representatives, tradespeople and managers; and
- Proactive, reactive and the ability to work with minimal supervision and instructions.
Bilingualism is required (English and French).
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Summer Student
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 06/16/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.