Summer Student, Communications Coordinator
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Corporate Services is at the centre of the action, providing the support that enables Bell’s industry leadership. Our Corporate Security & Responsibility, Communications, Human Resources, Procurement & Value Creation and Real Estate teams work collaboratively to drive our corporate strategy forward.
- Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Help execute internal communication plans that support employee communications, HR, integration and Corporate Services functions
- Assist with writing and editing – including internal announcements, executive notes, online articles, presentations, press releases etc.
- Become a go-to source for relevant and useful content, coordinating translation and distribution of finished materials across appropriate internal communication channels
- Collaborate effectively with broader corporate communications team and national stakeholders to ensure alignment with corporate messaging
- Coordinate research for 2020 Bell Let’s Talk Day
- Hands-on participation at community events/activities
- Support for Backpacks for Kids program
- Working toward a BA in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or other related discipline
- Superior writing ability in a variety of online and print formats
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Collaborative, flexible and able to juggle multiple projects
- Ability to effectively work in a self-directed manner, and as part of a team
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills suitable for collaborating with multiple stakeholders at all levels of management
- Proficiency with PowerPoint is a benefit
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Summer Student
Job Location: Canada : Nova Scotia : Bedford
Application Deadline: 06/14/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.