Summer Student - Bell TV Network Automation Support
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they're the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you're excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
Name and description of hiring team
Bell TV's Network Connectivity & Infrastructure team is currently working on developing solutions that will enable us to automate the provisioning and surveillance of our network. This career opportunity involves working within a network development team to create custom scripts that will assist our Operation teams to manage our current network and services.
The successful candidate will participate in the rapid development of small applications that will be used by various levels within operations that perform surveillance, testing, engineering and provisioning activities:
- Work with development SCRUM team to understand and document tool requirements.
- Work with technology and operations subject matter experts to understand technology/network capabilities and business processes that will be required to deliver expected tools.
- Establish and develop scripts to capture real-time surveillance data that can be modified and re-used to meet evolving needs.
- Develop tool in appropriate programming language to meet operational requirements
- Develop well structured, optimized and modular code
- College / University Diploma in: Engineering, IT-Telecommunication, Computer Science or equivalent experience in programming or related field
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming and Web Development is key.
- Extremely proficient in at least one or more of the following skills:
- JAVA, PYTHON, YAML, JASON, Ansible, PHP, PERL
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, troubleshooting, multi-tasking skills
- Knowledge of Visual Studio or other IDE's
- Strong documentation and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team, as well as independently.
- Network Administration is a strong asset.
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP and other networking protocols (IP, DSL, ATM, Frame Relay, etc) is an asset but is not required.
Work hours are Monday - Friday, 37.5 hours each week.
Job location address: 115 Scarsdale Road, North York (Ontario)
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Non Management
Job Status: Summer Student
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Application Deadline: 05/22/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com .
Created: Canada , ON , Toronto