Summer, Business Technician
Req Id: 359700
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell’s Field Services team is proud to be the face of the Bell brand, performing the best installation and repair services and maintaining Bell’s network for our residential and business customers.
Job Title: Technician – Advanced, Business Technician, (Voice, Internet, IPTV)
Job Location address: 238 Church St. Fort Frances, On.
Job Status: Temporary - Summer
Number of Openings: 1
Name and description of hiring department:
The Ontario Field Operations team in Bell Canada is responsible for maintaining the outside cable network providing voice and data services to customers in the consumer Bell Business markets.
Main Job Duties / Accountabilities include:
- Install, maintain and repair different telecommunication equipment for the Voice, Internet and IPTV markets for business customers in accordance with established practices
- Respond to customers’ needs and inform them on the utilization of different equipment or services
- Escalate events beyond their control to support teams
- Build relationships and interact with clients and various groups within Bell Canada
- Perform functions efficiently
- Keep up with emerging telecommunication technology
As necessary, agree to undergo a background security check to meet a customer’s clearance requirement.
Essential Qualifications / Skills:
- Fluent in English
- Hold a valid driver’s license - Class G or G2
- Possess good manual dexterity and able to work with different hand tools
- Capable to lift and carry heavy weight
- Capable to climb telephone poles and/or climb and carry ladders
- Capable to kneel and bend and work in areas with restricted movement
- Capable of differentiating coloured wires (colour code)
- Capable to safely execute all functions/aspects of the job and meet all safety requirements associated with the work equipment
- Ability to act with a focus on customer satisfaction
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
The candidate must be able to work outdoors in various weather conditions and may be called upon to work variable schedules according to business needs (schedules within a given day are prepared by the Company with due consideration to seniority), to participate in a standby program and work overtime as needed. Available and flexible to work days, evenings, nights, weekends, and statutory holidays as needed. Be willing to travel throughout the province by vehicle, boat, airplane, helicopter, fixed wing plane, ATV and snowmobile
Note that many working conditions are subject to terms outlined in the collective agreement.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Summer Student
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Fort Frances
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 05/22/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Fort Frances
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.