Student, IaaS Developer
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they're the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you're excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
The IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) team's objective is to develop, deploy, manage and support Bell Canada's cloud infrastructure. Multiple teams across the enterprise use this infrastructure in order to support a wide variety of application and services for our customers.
Different automation initiatives are in place in order accelerate the deployment of this infrastructure, improve the service quality and minimize waste. It is in this context that the intern will have the opportunity to work with different technologies like Ansible, Python, Rundeck and MaaS.
The chosen student will actively participate in all aspects of the team's activities (scrum meetings, technical work, presentations, demonstrations etc.)
Tasks and responsibilities
- Develop, code, test and deliver services and functionalities necessary to evolve the cloud infrastructure
- Contribute to implement good software developing practices: continuous integration (CI), continuous development (CD), test automation, etc.
- Participate actively in the DevOps concept
- Define the specifications and pre-requisites with the internal teams in an Agile environment
- Contribute to strategies for the evolution of our existing services and architecture
- Identify automation opportunities and propose new ideas
- Present progress in the context of team meetings and technical demonstrations
- Undergraduate student in software or electrical engineering with at least 2 years completed
- Resourceful, curious and independent student with scripting experience (ideally Python) and having worked in a Linux environment
How to apply?
Please attach your resume as well as a presentation letter adapted to the mandate description and your transcript.
- Internship beginning: 2019-05-01
- Internship end: 2019-08-30
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management Job Status: Summer Student Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Created: Canada , QC , Montreal