Story Editor, TSN, Bell Media
Req Id: 367373
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Do you want to work with a team of trailblazers defining a new kind of news storytelling?
TSN is creating digital sports news in quick digestible bites bringing consumers news and highlights where they want it, when they want it, and how they want it.
Position: Story Editor, TSN, Bell Media
Location: Bell Media Agincourt - 9 Channel Nine Court
Salary: Group 1 (Commensurate with qualifications and experience)
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. Nights/overnights and weekends; overtime as required.
- Create highlight packs from live sports events under the supervision of the Producer and Highlight Manager
- Research games and develop storylines for highlight packs
- Contribute storyline and production ideas
- Work with the Producer to find video content for show elements
- Provide factual data on incoming feeds to the producer and talent as required
- University/College education in broadcasting or journalism, or equivalent work experience
- 1 to 3 years of demonstrated editorial, journalistic and production skills
- Thorough sports knowledge
- Proven strength in packaging sports highlights
- Demonstrated writing skills
- Demonstrated creativity
- Strong TV Production knowledge
- Familiarity with all television formats, past and present
- Works well under tight time constraints and possesses strong teamwork / communications skills
- Possess strong writing skills both for highlight packs and news items
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to work well in a team environment
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 05/27/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.