Specialist, Software Development
Bell is a truly Canadian company with a 138 year track record of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company's vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada's leading communications company, we're committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you're passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
An integral part of our customer service focus, includes contact centres across Canada supporting all of our Bell Mobility and Bell Residential Services customers. Our Customer Operations team is responsible for strategy, design and delivery of core call centre tools and processes, including queue strategy, routing, and call monitoring tools.
WFM is committed to deliver accurate, useful, and timely information to guide and support strategic decision making. WFM functions as trusted advisors and subject matter experts to drive homogenous solutions across Bell business units for agent-reporting, call center reporting, and overall business intelligence for the contact centre.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, WFM, the successful candidate will be responsible for web application development for Bell's various contact centres. In order to achieve our mandate, we are looking for a web programmer. The candidate should be a strong leader and excellent programmer. We are looking for someone with sound business vision and the ability to translate business needs into holistic solutions. The incumbent should possess excellent negotiation and communication skills to interact with multiple stakeholders. A passion for improvement and an ability to prioritize and drive change in a complex environment are required. A detailed approach and a process oriented mind will also be required.
- Publishing reports at the agent and call center level
- Web application development and implementation
- Identification of system deficiencies and recommending solutions
- Provide time estimates for projects
- Prioritize multiple tasks effectively
- Performance testing, software implementation, systems documentation
- Support of the programs developed for internal customers
- Ensuring quality control while respecting predetermined business rules and deadlines
- Enhancing and supporting existing tools and database infrastructures
- Assisting various business units through alignment and implementation to achieve targeted goals
- University degree in computer science or engineering
- Programming experience
- Good knowledge of Windows environment
- Good knowledge of MS SQL 2005+
- Experience in relational database analysis
- Able to program in T-SQL 2005+, MS Visual Basic, MS Excel, MS Access and ASP.net
- Strong knowledge of BI/Query, MS Project, and ACDs - Symposium, Avaya, IEX or equivalent)
- Strong Mathematical and analytical skills
- Autonomous, very dynamic, capable of decision making.
- High capacity to learn, work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Previous telecommunications experience
- Previous contact centre experience
- Expert experience with the design, development and maintenance of enterprise level data systems such as Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, SAS or others.
- Expert level web design experience with ColdFusion or Asp.Net 4.0
- Experience in designing and implementing Web Based reporting solutions
- Experience with BRS and mobility applications and processes (One Bill, OrderMax, BCRIS, MaxPlus, etc.)
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Management
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 05/03/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.