Specialist, Financial Analyst
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they're the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you're excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
Wireless is changing the way our world is communicating!
The Bell Mobility Real Estate Operations' team is one of the fastest growing organizations within Bell Canada. We are a diverse team that manages all aspects of Bell's wireless networks. Our employees are located from coast to coast and we encourage continuous growth and development for individuals. We are a fast-paced team that works in close partnership with Technology, Sales and Marketing in order to deliver on our number one priority: Flawless Customer Experience. If you are looking for a challenging career this job is for you. We are looking for motivated, self-starters to join this proud group and be a part of an exciting revolution of communications technology in the wireless world.
The Specialist, Financial Analyst completes / coordinates various analyses and reports to gain greater understanding of key operating metrics and costs factors. The incumbent also plays an important role by providing business consulting services and conducting special studies for the Finance and Network Senior management teams. The incumbent will have an opportunity to work in a highly visible, constantly evolving, stimulating and dynamic environment. The main responsibilities of the Specialist, Financial Analyst are as follows:
- Provide financial and operational support to the Real Estate team.
- Develop, maintain and present analysis / models for providing information on the Network Group's operating and capital costs, volumes and projects.
- Working closely with the business to understand and evaluate key business trends and to ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial results/metrics that incorporate the business story in the variance analysis.
- Collaborate with internal organizations and leaders for ensuring accurate reporting, and financial management.
- Support the operations team with monthly financial reporting and specific analysis.
- Prepare month end financial management reports for Finance and Business Executives.
- Perform adhoc analysis & special reports to support decision making and the resolution of issues.
- Recommend and implement "process improvement opportunities" identifying areas of overlap and potential efficiency gains.
- Handle requests for the analysis/preparation of reports on key financial and operational metrics.
- Develop, communicate, implement and maintain effective tools & processes to facilitate decision-making, linked with key operations drivers and financial metrics.
- Act as a catalyst for change; identify opportunities for cost rationalization.
- Participate in the annual budgeting and forecasting activities for various cost elements.
- Perform SOX audits for various cost elements.
- Guides financial efficiencies by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Improves financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to senior management.
- A degree in Finance or Commerce, currently working towards a professional designation in accounting, (CPA, CMA, CA, CGA).
- Experience in a financial analysis role, opex, capex and commodity taxes.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving ability.
- Results driven with a focus on producing high quality work under tight deadlines.
- Sound business acumen.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate and develop strong relationships with cross functional groups, key suppliers and clients.
- Experienced with driving continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of financial systems and processes including SAP
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga
Application Deadline: 05/29/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Created: Canada , ON , Mississauga