Specialist, Big Data
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they’re the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you’re excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
The Network team plans, designs, builds, and operates Bell’s multi-billion dollar broadcast, fiber, LTE, and security networks. Successful candidates joining the Network team will be given the opportunity to get hands on experience using next generation technology and receive ongoing technical and leadership development training.
Description of hiring team:
The Network Big Data Centre of Excellence team is accountable for leading data technology and data science initiatives across Bell’s Network. The team works to create and implement technology strategies and solutions to take advantage of vast amounts of Network data spanning wireless, wireline, TV, and Media to improve Bell’s network planning and operation as well as Bell customers’ user experience and to provide advance data related services.
You will have opportunities to build your data science and data architecture skills that are in extreme demand across the globe by working with experts in the field and using state of the art BI and Big Data tools. We currently have several positions available in this field. By applying on this position, you will automatically be considered for all available positions.
- Participate in the design and implementation of Big Data solutions using Hadoop and Apache open source components as well as enterprise grade solutions for leading data vendors
- Analyse user requirements and create data related solutions and insights using data analysis and reporting tools
- Perform data exploration, mining, and forecasting
- Explore and propose solutions to business problems that can be addressed using insights from data
- Pursuing a University degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics
- Data related knowledge, e.g. database design, data modelling, analytics, reporting, forecasting, Hadoop, ETL, etc.
- Experience in requirements analysis, design, implementation, and testing of software solutions especially data related using C++, Java, .net, Python and other programming languages
Start Date: May 6 2019 or September 9 2019
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Summer Student
Job Location: Montreal, Dorval, Quebec
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal