Special Services Network Technician, Northern Tel
Req Id: 345314
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they’re the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you’re excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
The incumbent will work in an office environment with a team of technicians who are responsible for the service assurance, performance and provisioning of both corporate and customer networks. Primary functions of the team are as follows;
- Provide support to Customer Helpdesk and Network Surveillance groups
- Assist in the planning and implementation of both customer and corporate telephony and IP services
- Provide support to internal CSE, and Customer Service Departments
- Support and maintenance of Managed Customer voice and IP services
- Circuit provisioning and management of releases with customers when required
- Remote maintenance and trouble resolution on Nortel/Avia, Panasonic and Cisco VoIP systems and networks
- Post secondary degree in Computer Science, Electronics, Data Communications or Telecommunications is essential: or five years’ experience in an Enterprise Voice and IP systems support environment
- Industry certification: Cisco CCNA or CCNA Collaboration is a requirement, or commitment to achieve within 12 months
- Exposure to and understanding of OSI model and IP environment
- Valid Class G driver’s license is essential
- Bilingual (French/English) is an asset
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Problem solving and trouble shooting skills related to Enterprise voice and IP systems
- Strong understanding on most of the following operating systems/programs: Windows, Unix, Linux, SQL, Perl
- Advanced PC proficiency (hardware configurations, Microsoft applications)
- Knowledge of most Transport Network Standards such as: T1, DS3, SONET, Ethernet
- A good understanding of most of these IP concepts, routing, switching, VPN, Firewalls and VoIP
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Timmins || Canada : Ontario : New Liskeard
Application Deadline: 05/13/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Timmins
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.