Software Developer, Site Reliability Engineering
Req Id: 368734
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
- Work with an agile team to develop, test, and maintain software components
- Design solutions to improve the effectiveness of the team
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software
- Participate in the Continuous Integration cycle
- Resolve operational problems in a timely fashion, handle reported issues and follow up on outstanding items promptly
- Contribute to life cycle, maintenance and security of various applications
- Participate in various Agile ceremonies
- Someone with a University degree in Software/Computer/Electrical Engineering/Computer Science/IT
- A candidate with at least 2 years of experience and passion for software development; however if you believe you are up for the challenge with less experience, you are welcome
- Someone with experience working with Unix/Linux environments, distributed/parallel systems, networking, and/or systems/security software development
- Someone to help find innovative ways to optimize the development pipeline, the testing and the availability and efficiency of our applications and services
- Someone who has an understanding of IP networks (VRFs, subnets, Firewalls, NAT…) and is ready to work with network experts to build the infrastructure hosting our services
- Has experience in managing and working with cloud platforms and cloud automation and monitoring tools. Our stack is evolving to include OpenStack, AWS, Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience working with these tools or alternative tools in a production setting is valuable to us
- Someone who is familiar with automation/orchestration tool such as Ansible and code management tools (GIT) and considers Infra-As-Code as a new religion
- Someone with a solid understanding of security concerns and knowledge of how to address them. Ex: identity verification, access controls, permissions….
- Someone who is happy to leverage existing tools and technologies while seeking out the next new thing
- Someone with experience in object oriented software and application development in Java/Maven, scripting languages, and/or web development technologies
- Someone who can slice and dice a business/system problem into an easy modular and maintainable solution with your team
- A team player who can define, establish and communicate their long term vision, who is adaptable to uncertain and changing needs
- A candidate with strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills (A good sense of humour is a bonus!
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Quebec City
Flexible work profile : Mobile
Application Deadline: 05/31/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, QC, Quebec City
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.