Software Developer, Full Stack
Req Id: 365752
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
About the Team:
Bell Business Markets - Sales & Service Transformation
Bell Business Markets (BBM) is Canada’s leading provider of broadband network and communications services to mid-sized, large business, and government customers. With strong business communications expertise and networks that are unrivalled in the industry, BBM defines and delivers the integrated solutions Canadian businesses need.
Our team is looking for a talented Software Developer to lead the delivery of solutions for Bell Business Markets. The successful candidate will work with Project Managers, and will collaborate with other business analysts, developers, architects, and various teams such as product managers, IT, operational groups and external vendors.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, the incumbent will have to contribute in several phases of the project delivery such as planning, design, conception and implementation with different level of involvement from project to project.
Job Duties/ Accountabilities:
- Software Development and coding of various high value BBM Solutions.
- Represent BBM Software Development Team in building and maintaining BBM Solutions Applications.
- Be responsible for implementing and documenting business and system requirements, current and proposed process mappings, and ensuring that the solutions resulting from the development effort will meet requirements.
- Ensure detailed documentation of software design and proof of testing.
- Conduct code reviews and testing.
- Support users during project normalization.
Critical skills/ Competencies:
- Undergraduate degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or equivalent experience.
- Skills required:
- C# , 5+ years
- SQL, Databases, 5+ years
- MVC, REST application development
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize, and accomplish multiple tasks, directly or indirectly related to deliverables, in a fast-paced atmosphere with minimal supervision.
- Team oriented who is able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to build bridges with technical & non-technical teams and influence others to move toward consensus.
- Strong technical skills, an analytical problem-solving mindset, ability to deal with ambiguity, delivery focus and client-orientation are all critical.
- Experience in Agile environment is desirable.
- Knowledge of technologies and protocols like REST, JSON, cXML, EDI, SQL is desirable.
- Excellent communications skills (written, oral) and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization is required. Bilingualism (English, French) considered an asset.
- OpenShift, Cloud development skills
- CI/CD, Artifactory, Jenkins, UrbanDeploy
- Java/REST API skills
- Scrum development
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile : Mobile
Application Deadline: 05/11/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.