Req Id: 363774
AlarmForce, a Bell Canada Company, combines innovative technology with exceptional service to deliver advanced security and automation to residential and small business customers.
If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Who We Are:
At ALARMFORCE (A Bell Canada company), we combine the best in new technology with exceptional customer service to help homeowners and businesses avert life’s everyday crisis. Our drive for excellence has made us one of North America’s leading security companies, protecting businesses, families and communities alike. It’s more than just a job to us – we are passionate about the well-being of our customers as if they were our own family. Our customers entrust us with the protection of what matters most to them and we take that responsibility seriously. They don’t need to worry because we are always home. We are evolving from pure home security and protection, to home automation, the internet of things, and are evaluating many new opportunities.
The Software Engineer will develop solutions that improves portal/components security, provide more security services, enhance customer experience, and facilitate installation and business logic. They will be well versed in network, database, programming, and user interface design.
- Improve security of the existing architecture
- Evolve our existing architecture and codebases (server and client) to build flexible platform in order to integrate a wide range of security products
- Design and develop server solution to integrate new security products
- Design and develop client solution to integrate new security products
- Design and develop web applications to provide friendly user interface
- Work closely with the engineering team to come up with collaborative solutions
Education / Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of software development in Windows, Linux, iOS and Android
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Solid knowledge and experience on Zend framework, VB.net and MS reporting service
- Solid background on VOIP, video streaming and telephony
- Deep understanding of the network stack, TCP/IP, and low level packet/frame architecture
- Good experience of Visual Studio, embarcadero, NetBeans
- Experience with Cordova
- Strong understanding of flexible database architecture/SQL
- Experience in building, maintaining, and testing software across large deployments
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies
- Exceptional listening, communication, understanding, and responding skills
- Ability to work independently as well as being solid team player
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical/conceptual thinking skills
- Results oriented
- Aptitude to multi-task
- Available to be on call after hours
- Customer Focused
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Management
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 05/13/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.