Req Id: 249970
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Brand team works collaboratively with all business units to ensure brand consistency across Bell communications including digital experiences and sponsorship activations. Brand also supports our sponsorship, web presence, social media and market insights teams.
Our Network team plans, designs, builds and operates Bell's multi-billion dollar networks, including the continued expansion of our fibre optic network, HSPA+ and LTE - Canada's largest and fastest wireless network.
The service we provide is the foundation of Bell's competitive advantage and a critical step towards achieving Bell's goal to be recognized by customers as Canada's leading communications company.
If innovation, vision and skills are your strength then we have the right opportunity for you. If you're passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
The Network Service Orchestration (NSO) team is responsible for building, maintaining and operating Bell Network Infrastructure. We enable the Bell Network team to virtualize and cloudify network services and applications.
At the forefront of our transformation, our team is responsible for the development and operations the network automation platform supporting Bell's SDN and NFV network strategy. As a Software developer, you will design, build and maintain scalable and resilient software environments, lead the evolution of our continuous integration/continuous deployment infrastructure, as well as ensuring daily platform availability and operations that will support our vision towards an automated, self-optimized and self-healed network.
- Design, code, test and deliver the services and functions with production quality.
- Support development our Network Service Orchestration platform, the core platform designed to automate our SDN (Software-Defined-Networking) and NFV (Network Function Virtualization) enabled intelligent network in real-time.
- Contribute to implement good software development practices: continuous integration (CI), continuous deployment (CD), static code analysis, test automation (TDD), etc.
- Actively participate to implement DevOps concepts.
- Define requirements and specifications with internal groups in an Agile setting (Epics and User Stories)
- Bachelor's degree in IT, software engineering or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of technical or operation experience in network or IT.
- Extensive experience with Linux administration and tuning (Ubuntu, CentOS, RHEL).
- Proficiency in Shell, Python, and Go is a plus.
- Proficiency in building and running apps within Docker.
- Strong experience delivering and operating large, distributed, and resilient (micro-services) software systems in cloud environments such as Kubernetes.
- Strong experience in automation tools such as Helm, Ansible, Puppet, Salt, and Chef.
- Experience in CI/CD implementations (e.g. Git, Jenkins, GoCD, GitLAB, Nexus, Artifactory) to develop the fully automated CI/CD pipelines.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with a good sense of humour.
- Team player who always put the interest of the team above all other priorities.
- Strong aptitude to recognize opportunities for improvement in day-to-day work and take appropriate actions.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills and work ethic (highly motivated) to manage multiple projects/accountabilities.
- Hands-on experience with networking software, protocols and models (ONAP, Opendaylight, Openstack, YANG, TOSCA, HEAT, Netconf/RESTconf, SNMP, CLI, BGP, IPv6).
- Experience with micro-services software architecture (and RESTful APIs) and container environments (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience contributing to open source projects.
Bilingualism is required (English and French) as position is based in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal Application
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal
#LI-CL1 #Feature TC:ITN