Senior Specialist, Security Architecture
Senior Specialist, Security Architecture
Req Id: 272709
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell IT team uses emerging technologies, Agile and DevOps to design and build innovative solutions that enable Bell's communications services for businesses and consumers. We're looking for creative problem-solvers who are curious, collaborative and ready to be on the leading edge of technological transformation.
Description: The IT Network and Security Services team leads the management of the IT security work program and is tasked with the ongoing planning, design, delivery and oversight of Bell's enterprise voice and data network.
We are currently seeking a self-starting and highly experienced Senior Network Security Architect position with a focus on Cloud and Network Security within our team.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Research and set paths toward the use of new and developing technologies for Cloud Infrastructure in a safe and secure fashion
- Focus to create a hybrid environment with existing on premise network and Cloud networking
- Leads the design of Cloud Infrastructure and related elements leveraging experience to ensure a secure, scalable and cost-effective design that supports Cloud customer needs now and in the future
- Establishes Cloud Infrastructure Design best practices, templates and processes
- Plan, design, and configure networking into Cloud infrastructure.
- Analyze Cloud Infrastructure requirements, scalability and performance needs, related product and current infrastructure issues to help create an infrastructure backlog and influence product engineering backlog to optimize cloud scalability and performance
- Lead new design discussion and service catalog standards and instructions
- Find Custom Solution which do not fit Generic Call Flow
- Work on Transition of Tenant into Cloud Infrastructure for Day 0 and Day 1 Support
- Challenge the Process and come up with out of Box Solution
- Produce architecture documents based on tenant custom requirements
- Collaborates closely with the Customer during implementation
- Supports the integration team to ensure delivery
- Bachelor degree in computer/electrical Engineering, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience with IAAS, PAAS, SAAS
- Strong understanding of cloud technology and its implementation across major Cloud providers (ex. Azure, AWS, Google and more).
- Large scale migration experience Data Center to Cloud Skills and Competencies
- Strong hands on experience on Terraform to deploy cloud infrastructure
- Expert level hands on experience on LAN and WAN networks
- Advanced knowledge on information security systems such a firewall, IPS, DDoS prevention
- Expert knowledge on Network load balancing Devices and WAF
- In depth knowledge of protocols such as BGP, MPLS, ISIS, EVPN,OSPF
- Strong hands scripting and programming experience in python, Ansible, shell or equivalent
- Hands on experience with virtualization technologies such as VMWare, KVM, Linux Containers, Docker
- Knowledge of Software Defined Networking and Network Function Virtualization such as OpenStack, SDN/NFV, OpenDaylight or ONOS considered a strong asset
- Interest in working in an agile/Devops environment
- Self-governing and able to work in ambiguous circumstances
- Able to lead the resolution of complex problems, involving many partners both internal and external across multiple systems or processes
- Strong technical leadership, teamwork, negotiating and technical decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation and relationship skills, especially the ability to articulate advanced technical topics and build consensus among business and technical constituents - experience preparing and delivering management presentations and reports
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management Job Status: Regular - Full Time Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Quebec : Verdun Application Deadline: 01/24/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Created: Canada , ON , Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.