Senior Incident Manager
Req Id: 245971
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Our Bell Business Markets team enables the digital transformation of businesses and governments nationwide through solutions in areas including Internet and private networks, voice and unified communications, contact centre, security, Internet of Things, data centre and cloud. We're proud to be Canada's leading provider of broadband network and communication services for businesses and governments.
Bell Business Markets (BBM) provides a vast array of communications services for Wholesale Clients. These include managed and unmanaged data and network solutions such as Next Generation Wave, Internet Connect, Ethernet Internetworking, Enhanced Network to Network Interfaces (ENNI/NNI), IPVPN, Peering, and Voice SIP solutions.
Within the BBM Wholesale segment, Client Services has the overall accountability to support our Clients with Incident Management and Problem management ITIL practices. Our business model has shared accountability between Service teams for managing client issues. This seamless approach to client service has been a key factor in achieving Industry-leading levels of client satisfaction.
The Senior Incident Manager is accountable for leading a Team of Incident/Problem Managers responsible to provide support for incidents escalations and providing problem management activities for a diverse Wholesale client base. As such, the successful candidate must have a good appreciation for the BBM Wholesale service offerings to enable a quick understanding of the operational and performance contractual requirements for each client and/or product.
The successful candidate will be accountable for the following:
- Provides leadership, coaching, and mentoring to a team in managing day-to-day operational requirements; provides developmental opportunities and evaluates progress
- Conduct monthly/weekly team meetings and individual touch points to review team and individual performance to achieve team targets, Business Unit KPIs (Key Performance Indicators), and Corporate KPIs.
- Monitor and analyze team results and develop action plans to address opportunities
- Ability to provide senior leadership and technical guidance on technical bridges supporting Incident/Problem Managers and Clients
- Review and/or produce Post Mortem Reports in a timely manner presenting to Client's and Bell Executives
- Prepare or contribute to monthly Client reports pertaining to Incident and Problem Management
- Attend and participate at Client meetings
- Proactive approaches to eliminate problematic trends
- Responsible for quality control on Incident activities to ensure quick restoration of Client services providing coaching and feedback to Service Desk, Network and Field Services
- Collaborate/Facilitate governance meetings with various partners (Account Sales and Customer Service Engineers (CSE), Help Desk, Network & Field Services)
- Provide communications to internal business groups and Executives
- Available 7/24
- University engineering degree or 5 yrs equivalent experience
- Knowledge of telecommunications industry, more specifically in the following technologies:
- Data (Competitive Digital Network/ Wholesale Digital Network), Next Generation Carrier Ethernet, Wavelength, Internet Connect Service - Direct Internet Access, Peering and Ethernet Internetworking
- Proven incident and problem management skills
- Meticulous and adheres to quality delivery at all times
- Strong passion and focus on delivering outstanding customer service in a constantly evolving environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong analytical skills with deductive reasoning capabilities
- Proven consulting, communication, negotiation and presentation skills at an executive level
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- People management experience - 3-5 years experience in a position with direct reports with ability to source, coach and develop talent
- Proven coaching/training abilities demonstrating ability to motivate and influence others towards exceeding objectives and goals
- Leader, self-reliant and team player who can function with little supervision or direction
- Solid business acumen; must be able to understand the organization's key drivers to success and make appropriate decisions in required time frames
- ITIL Methodolgy
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management Job Status: Regular - Full Time Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Verdun Application Deadline: 10/22/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto