Senior Cloud Engineer, 5G Applications
Senior Cloud Engineer, 5G Applications
Req Id: 271975
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they're the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you're excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
Our SmartCore Technology & Architecture Team is seeking a Senior Cloud Engineer to help with bringing our 5G Applications to the Public Cloud.
We're building new cloud-native 5G networks, helping to ideate new 5G Services, and developing Automation around it ALL. The technology is cutting-edge and the opportunity for making an impact is huge. We are looking to supplement the team with an expertise in the Public Cloud space; someone who is experienced with driving applications and services into the various Public Cloud solutions.
As a Senior Cloud Engineer within the Technology & Architecture team, you will be working within a cross functional group of technical experts who are tasked with setting the architecture vision, creating the path for the technology development, and getting started the cycles of deployment, integration, and operational management.
Our team will influence many different business and technology portfolios, so having a broad range of experience is something we are always on the lookout for. As the resident Public Cloud expert, you must have excellent coaching competencies in order to help the team and broader organization transform towards cloud-native technologies. We also value the use of a lean agile approach, to help us deliver on both quality and velocity. As this space is evolving rapidly, the position demands for someone with a passion for next generation technology, exceptional oral and written communication, a strong sense of ownership, and a drive to build a high performing team culture.
In this position, being and outside-of-box-thinker and strong collaborator will be critical for you to succeed as you work on building roadmaps and evolution plans for this technology area. This opportunity is hands-on with the team in creating the evolution vision for our solutions in this domain. Having a Computer-Science background, a previous exposure to programming languages, an awareness of DevOps tools and techniques, and an understanding of what it means working in virtual clouds or cloud-like environments will help you fit right in.
How you will contribute:
- Help create our Vision and Plan as we prepare to evolve our 5G Networks towards Cloud Native technologies within a Private Cloud, Public Cloud, and Multi-Access Edge Network.
- In the shoes of an Architect, act as a pseudo-Product Owner (Technology & Architect Owner) for the alignment of priorities, vision, and execution of work in the technology area you will be overseeing.
- Assist in understanding of business problems, problems-to-solve, and business priorities to make sure the team's focus and work priorities enable the delivery of business objectives.
- Participate in the ideation of new services, products, features, and solutions, while being able to decide your approach to measure ROI and make decisions to continue to develop/expand or abandon the ideas or explorations.
- Formulate and Socialize a Technology Roadmap and Evolution for the Architecture and Technology in the 5G domain.
- Leverage your leadership abilities to enable the Team with their processes of Design Thinking, SCRUM, Kanban, by participating in their regular check/adjust sessions, and by assisting with resolution of roadblocks when required.
- Foster an inclusive, collaborative, high-performance, and continuous-learning work environment.
- Participate in the creation and presentation of material to Senior Leadership and Executives.
What we hope you can bring to the team:
- Educational Background in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Networking, Information Systems, or equivalent education or work experience.
- Previous experience working on solutions that are hosted on Public Cloud; special interest given to AWS and GCP stacks.
- Previous experience with CI-CD Toolsets and Principals.
- Previous experience in an area of software development or automation.
- Ability to deliver on a portfolio, of a large and complex nature, while leveraging lean agile methodologies.
- Strong aptitude to recognize opportunities for improvement in the day-to-day work and an appetite to take appropriate actions to drive them to through.
- Ability to effectively negotiate and positively influence decision-making with business partners to drive change.
- An outside-of-box thinker, who is extremely resourceful, with a desire to continue to self-educate and learn to push the traditional boundaries.
- Strong people, oral, and written communication.
- Workplace culture enthusiast who promotes fun, inclusion, and a continuous-learning environment.
- Strength in vision leadership, facilitation, and technology change-leadership.
- Excellent analysis, problem-solving, and decision-making ability.
- Work hours are Monday - Friday, normal 37.5 hours weeks
- Ability to assist for Business Escalations (24x7)
- Location: Toronto, ON, Mississauga, ON, or Montreal, QC,
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management Job Status: Regular - Full Time Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal Application Deadline: 01/22/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Created: Canada , ON , Mississauga
#LI-CL1 #Feature TC:ITN
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.