Regional Radio News Reporter, Anchor, Bell Media
Req Id: 371937
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Position: Radio News Anchor and Reporter, AM1150, Bell Media
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Bell Media Radio is seeking a professional individual who loves radio and has a passion for local news to join our team at AM 1150 in the capacity of News Anchor and Reporter in Kelowna, BC. As well as proven experience in reporting for a news radio station, the ideal candidate will have a strong interest in both community and national news and understand applicable legal and broadcast standards. AM 1150 provides local and national news coverage for Kelowna and the Okanagan Valley and is part of the iHeartradio brand.
- Daily Anchoring of newscasts as assigned
- Daily reporting and content production for Bell Media Digital properties
- Attend news events, chase stories and follow up on files
- Work with team members to brainstorm story ideas and co-ordinate news coverage
- Daily phone checks as assigned
- Ability to find the local and or regional angle to provincial and national stories
- Apply news content to station social media platforms
- Other duties as assigned by News Director or Regional Program Director
- Degree or Diploma from a recognized Broadcast/Journalism Program or equivalent experience
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to generate at least three stories per day
- Experience and knowledge of newsroom audio and editing programs
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong communication skills (written)
- Creative and innovative
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Represent Bell Media with integrity, respect and mature judgment
- A valid driver’s license (clean abstract is required)
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Media - Talent
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : British Columbia : Kelowna
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 05/27/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, BC, Kelowna
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.