Radio Board Operator, Bell Media, Victoria
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We're looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Bell Media has an opportunity for a radio technical producer/board operator to join the team at CFAX and Virgin radio Victoria on a casual/freelance basis. This would be an ideal opportunity for a recent grad, or someone currently enrolled in, a media broadcast program.
- Production and operating duties for radio programming
- On-air voice when called upon to participate with the talk show host.
- Assist in guest preparation as required.
- Assist show producer as required.
- Screen callers.
- Update website with upcoming guests as required.
- Share and engage on air topics through social media.
- Upload shows for Podcast.
- Keep show music beds and production pieces fresh and relevant.
- Support on air requirements of the host as required.
- Other assigned duties which can include station in-person/on-air at promotions/remotes, voicing commercials, on air cut-ins, weekend remote operating.
- Post-secondary education in radio broadcasting or equivalent
- Previous related experience would be a big plus
- Knowledge and interest in local, domestic and international news and current affairs with ability to clearly articulate ideas
- Energetic, positive, hard-working and self-motivated
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Comfort with computer skills working and well-developed technical know-how
- Creative skills to enhance the imaging of the show
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage several tasks simultaneously
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Media - Freelancer
Job Status: Temporary - Part Time
Job Location: Canada : British Columbia : Victoria
Application Deadline: 05/31/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com .
Created: Canada , BC , Victoria