QC - 2023 Finance Graduate Leadership Program - CPA Stream
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 140 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading communications company, we are committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you are passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join the Finance Grad Leadership Program!
How the program works:
The Finance Grad Leadership program is a rotational program designed to give new grads a breadth of experience in the various divisions of Finance.
- There are three streams:
- CPA: Specialized rotational program spanning Internal Audit and Risk Advisory, Financial Close Controllers, Finance Operations, or External Reporting & Consolidations, which meets practical experience requirements of CPA Ontario/Quebec/Atlantic
- Financial Management: 30 -month rotational program across various Finance departments in Finance Operations, Finance Robotics Process Automation, Capital Markets, Treasury, Value Creation and Mergers & Acquisitions.
- Finance Data and Analytics: 36-month rotational program including rotations in Data and Analytics, and Finance Operations
This particular job posting focuses on the CPA stream for Quebec.
Our Pre-Approved Training Program is designed to support you in obtaining your Chartered Professional Accountant designation, CPA and to give you the skill set needed to work for Canada’s largest communications company.
In Quebec, we offer a 24-month rotational program consisting of two 12-month rotations in Financial Close Controllers, External Reporting and Consolidations or Finance Operations, that satisfy CPA Quebec’s competency map requirements.
Why join us?
- Support during the exam process including professional preparation programs, study leaves comparable to the Big Four accounting firms AND a mentorship program
- Full reimbursement of professional preparation programs and exam fees
- A “head start” management development program in a dynamic and fast-paced environment that focuses on innovation and allows you to apply your technical training to real life business issues
- Exposure to different areas across Bell to better equip newly qualified CPAs for successful careers at Bell
What you can expect as a Finance Grad:
- Regular team meetings and one-on-one touchpoints
- Month-end reporting
- Financial planning & analysis
- Presentations to direct team members and upper management
- Special projects
- Development workshops focused on soft-skill training
- Mentorship and networking opportunities with members of Finance
- Socials within the GLP community
- A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce/Business Administration, with focus on Accounting. Must be eligible for full-time employment by September 2023
- Completion of CPA Quebec’s undergrad pre-requisites before the program start date
- Must be fluent in French
- Minimum B+ in core Accounting and Finance courses
- A good balance of high academic achievement and extra-curricular involvement
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
- Highly developed analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter who works well independently as well as in a team environment
- Apply through the Bell careers page
- You must submit a resume, and most recent transcripts (unofficial accepted)
• Roles in this program in Quebec involve serving customers and/or internal clients in both English and French, working on national level projects, and collaborating with teams in both English and French speaking regions of Canada. French and English fluency is required for roles in this program in Quebec.
Start Date: September 2023
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Grad Hire
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Verdun || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 10/31/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.