QC - 2023 Field Services Internship Program - General Stream
Req Id: 391371
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell’s Field Services team is proud to be the face of the Bell brand, performing the best installation and repair services and maintaining Bell’s network for our residential and business customers.
Are you looking for an engaging and amazing career opportunity next summer? One that provides you with advanced eligibility to join our best-in-class Field Services Graduate Leadership Program upon graduation?
If you’re passionate, driven, and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team!
Using innovative operational theory, tools and techniques, the Field Services team ensures that the right technician with the right skill set arrives at our residential and business customer’s premises on time, every time. We are committed to ensure that Bell's network, products and services are of the highest standard. The Field Services team thrives on providing installation and repair services using the latest technology, including Fibre, Optical Ethernet and IPVPN.
As a Field Services Intern, your task will be to learn about our business and our customers, to analyze and assess opportunities to improve overall customer experience, and to present your findings and recommendations to our executive leadership team. At the end of the internship, successful interns will be offered the chance to join our 2024 Field Services Graduate Leadership Program.
How the program works:
During this three-month internship, you will be working on critical assignments and projects to improve our operations. You will also collaborate with a team of interns to tackle a project designed to maximize your learnings across various facets of Field Services, and to provide you with the opportunity to network and connect with grads, leaders, technicians/agents, and our Executive Leadership team. Your time will be allocated on learning about Bell’s services and our customers, working on individual and group assignments and projects, and networking and contributing to a positive work environment.
Why join the program:
- Develop your analytical, problem-solving, project management and leadership skills with real, customer-facing challenges and emerging technologies
- Gain valuable insights into the operations and learn how we deliver our services to our customers
- Work in a team on a project to improve the customer experience: our executive team carefully selects project topics, which offer interns an opportunity to make tangible impacts on the business
- Benefit from training and ongoing support from Bell leaders
- Interact with an amazing peer-to-peer grad and alumni support network
- Get the unique opportunity to present your project to the Bell Executive Leadership team
- Work directly on a team to experience the day-to-day similar to our grads
- Secure advanced eligibility to our best-in-class Graduate Leadership Program once graduated
- Have fun throughout the program by participating in innovation sessions, social activities and networking opportunities
What we’re looking for:
- Successful students working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Business technology management, Computer Science, Math/Statistics or Economics with a planned graduation date of spring 2024.
- Interest in operations management and data analysis.
- Solid analytical and strategic mindset
- Team player with a good balance of confidence and willingness to put the team first.
- Demonstrated initiative, leadership and a passion for learning new skills.
- Strong work ethic, driven and persistent when facing challenges and opportunities.
- Demonstrated curiosity and ability to learn quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Roles in this program in Quebec involve serving customers and/or internal clients in both English and French, working on national level projects, and collaborating with teams in both English and French speaking regions of Canada. French and English fluency is required for roles in this program in Quebec.
- Internship term: May 2023 to August 2023
- Competitive compensation
- Job Location: Montréal or Toronto
- Successful participation in this program will provide you with advanced eligibility to join our best-in-class Graduate Leadership Program resulting in a permanent position with Bell upon your graduation
What our Interns are saying:
“What I enjoyed most about my 3 months at Bell was the variety of experiences offered in a short span of time. From gaining firsthand knowledge about front line work to helping solve a real-life business problem, I was able to interact with and learn from people in numerous roles and departments.”
“The best part of the summer was the autonomy offered to interns, which allowed us to put academic and on-the-job knowledge to work on our project - it was challenging but very rewarding.”
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Intern
Position Level: CP2
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 10/31/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that you may be required to submit your current Performance Review rating to the hiring leader during the recruitment process.
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal