QC - 2023 Field Services Internship Program - Business Intelligence Stream
Req Id: 391312
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell’s Field Services team is proud to be the face of the Bell brand, performing the best installation and repair services and maintaining Bell’s network for our residential and business customers.
Big data is a big deal:
The Field Services Business Intelligence team resides within Field Services and is responsible for developing, maintaining and using data to drive insights to improve the customer experience and field technician’s productivity.
With nearly limitless sources of data at our fingertips, the team sources, maintains and analyzes data on network, product & operational performance. They build metrics, dashboards tools & models to optimize resource utilization across a workforce of nearly 10,000 people, and delivers a performance management system that achieves best in class quality and services from our technicians.
The team’s findings help prioritize key technology investments and ensures major strategic decisions are always data driven. We collaborate closely with other business units and groups within the company to support our field frontline and support teams with impactful insights that help us continue to transform the business.
How the program works:
During this three-month program, you will collaborate with a team of interns to tackle critical data-driven assignments and projects to improve our operations. The projects are designed to maximize your learnings across various facets of Field Operations, and to provide you with the opportunity to network and connect with grad peers, leaders and our Executive Leadership team. You will be working closely with our operational teams to understand the business and working with large sets of data in Hadoop, SQL and/or python to present a comprehensive and data-driven solution that addresses the business needs behind your teams’ project.
Why join the program:
- A huge support system: Project Coaches, Intern Buddy, and Grad Alumni with whom you can connect, share, learn and have fun!
- A supportive Executive Team with whom you will network.
- Many learning opportunities to help you excel in your roles.
- Foster programming skills in Python, with opportunities to explore ML modelling.
- Manipulate large complex datasets in Hadoop and/or SQL to identify new insights.
- Unique opportunity to present your project to the Bell Executive Leadership team.
- Advanced opportunity to join our best-in-class Graduate Leadership Program upon graduation.
- Opportunity to develop your analytical, problem-solving and leadership skills with real, customer-facing challenges.
What we’re looking for:
- Successful students working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business, Operations Research or Mathematics with a planned graduation date of spring 2024.
- Highly analytical with an understanding of the basic principles of working with large and complex data sets.
- Experience with querying languages such as SQL.
- Experience with software development/programming languages such as Python.
- Ability to leverage insights and opportunities from data and metrics to build strategies and make recommendations.
- Demonstrated initiative, leadership and a passion for learning new skills.
- Strong work ethic, driven and persistence in the face of challenges and opportunities.
- Demonstrated curiosity and ability to learn quickly, with an ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Roles in this program in Quebec involve serving customers and/or internal clients in both English and French, working on national level projects, and collaborating with teams in both English and French speaking regions of Canada. French and English fluency is required for roles in this program in Quebec.
- Internship term: May 2023 to August 2023
- Competitive compensation
- Job Location: Montréal or Toronto
- Successful participation in this program will provide you with advanced eligibility to join our best in class Graduate Leadership Program resulting in a permanent position with Bell upon your graduation
What our Interns are saying:
“What I enjoyed most about my 3 months at Bell was the variety of experiences offered in a short span of time. From gaining firsthand knowledge about front line work to helping solve a real-life business problem, I was able to interact with and learn from people in numerous roles and departments.”
“The best part of the summer was the autonomy offered to interns which allowed us to put academic and on-the-job knowledge to work on our project - it was challenging but very rewarding.
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Intern
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 10/31/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.