QC - 2023 Field Services Graduate Leadership Program - Business Intelligence Stream
Req Id: 391391
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell’s Field Services team is proud to be the face of the Bell brand, performing the best installation and repair services and maintaining Bell’s network for our residential and business customers.
Big data is a big deal:
The Field Services Business Intelligence team resides within Field Services and is responsible for developing, maintaining and using data to drive insights to improve the customer experience and field technician’s productivity.
With nearly limitless sources of data at our fingertips, the team sources, maintains and analyzes data on network, product & operational performance. They build metrics, dashboards tools & models to optimize resource utilization across a workforce of nearly 10,000 people, and delivers a performance management system that achieves best in class quality and services from our technicians.
The team’s findings help prioritize key technology investments and ensures major strategic decisions are always data driven. We collaborate closely with other business units and groups within the company to support our field frontline and support teams with impactful insights that help us continue to transform the business.
How the program works:
This is a two-year graduate leadership program where you will have the opportunity to work on projects and improve your skills in data analytics, dashboard development, data engineering and machine learning.
Upon completing 12 months in Business Intelligence, you will have the option to “go and see” a frontline area of Field Services for 4 to 6 months to gain leadership experience and knowledge of that area to apply in your BI role.
Upon graduation from the program, you will continue working in the Field Services Business Intelligence team.
During the program, you can count on:
- A proven training program: including extensive hands-on, classroom training and development.
- A huge support system: Executive mentor, Grad Buddy, and Grad Alumni with whom you can connect, share, learn and have fun!
- A supportive Executive Team with whom you will network
- Many learning opportunities to help you excel in your role
Keep reading if:
- You are passionate about performing in-depth analysis, developing insight tools & developing analytical models
- You have an aptitude to create business impacts using data-driven approach
- You are interested in operations and enabling team members to have faster and more insightful access to the drivers of their operations
- You have a strong sense of curiosity and are energized by solving complex puzzles
- You're a fast learner and want to develop and apply your analytical, project management skills and leadership skills, working with new, cutting-edge BI technologies
Click on the apply button if:
- You are currently completing a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business, Operations Research, Physics, Mathematics or related field, graduating by August 2023 or you have graduated no earlier than 2021.
- Or, you are currently completing a Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business, Operations Research, Physics, Mathematics or related field, graduating by August 2023, and have a maximum of 1 year between completing your Bachelor’s degree and enrolling in your Master’s program.
- You are highly analytical with a good understanding of the basic principles of working with large and complex data sets.
- You have strong problem solving skills and a curiosity to understand “how things work”.
- You have demonstrated leadership qualities in co-curricular activities.
- You have the ability to leverage insights and opportunities from data and metrics to build strategies and make recommendations.
- You demonstrate initiative, leadership, and a passion for learning new skills.
- You have strong work ethic and persistence in the face of challenges and opportunities.
- You are a curious, quick learner, and have the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Roles in this program in Quebec involve serving customers and/or internal clients in both English and French, working on national level projects, and collaborating with teams in both English and French speaking regions of Canada. French and English fluency is required for roles in this program in Quebec.
Nice to have competencies:
- Experience with query development using SQL.
- Experience in Python or other programming languages.
- Experience with various databases systems such as Hadoop, Microsoft SQL Server, Teradata, SAS, and Oracle.
- Dimensional modeling experience (fact tables, conformed dimensions, etc.).
- Experience in reporting and data visualization tools such as Microstrategy, Tableau, and Python Dash.
- Experience in large data sets and machine learning techniques.
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Grad Hire
Position Level: CP2
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 10/31/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that you may be required to submit your current Performance Review rating to the hiring leader during the recruitment process.
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal